Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Acer r13 chromebook not detecting new sd card from Amazon

Posted 19th Oct
hi, ive just recieved a sandisk extreme 128gb u3 A2 micro sd card from Amazon but when i insert it, its not detected. I know some fakes are on Amazon so i was sure to buy one sold and supplied by Amazon, although im still suspicious as it just seems very cheap compared to everywhere else i looked. However im wondering if the card reader isn't able to read xc type cards because ive put it in my 422gw dashcam and footage is recording on to it because i can play the videos back in the library on the camera.
hopefully someone has the answers and if my r13 cant read it, how can i get the videos from it other than wirelessly through the nextbase app ? cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Do other cards work with the adaptor?
esar19/10/2019 17:24

Do other cards work with the adaptor?

I'm not using an adaptor, the slot on my chromebook is a micro sd slot, however ive tried a 32gb sandisk ultra sdhc card in it and it detects it straight away, im thinking the built in micro sd slot either cant read xc type cards or it cant read larger sd cards maybe over 64gb or something ? Thanks
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 19th Oct
Got anything else you can try card in. Camera or phone
Mark_Hickman19/10/2019 17:31

I'm not using an adaptor, the slot on my chromebook is a micro sd slot, …I'm not using an adaptor, the slot on my chromebook is a micro sd slot, however ive tried a 32gb sandisk ultra sdhc card in it and it detects it straight away, im thinking the built in micro sd slot either cant read xc type cards or it cant read larger sd cards maybe over 64gb or something ? Thanks

Is there a full sized slot?
Alternatively, one of those little usb to micro SD readers might work
Its an issue with the chromebook, you'll need to use a plug in reader.
esar19/10/2019 18:00

Found this, looks like adaptor is the way to …Found this, looks like adaptor is the way to gohttps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/513116/microsd-not-recognized-via-built-in-reader-and-128gb-only-works-via-usb-adapter-chromebook-r13

Thanks for that, how strange i have just managed to find my cheap usb to micro sd adapter and was coming back to tell you that its detected through that which cost 99p from china 5 years ago but yet the £450 6 month old Chromebook cant read it, laughable really thanks for your help
wayners19/10/2019 17:51

Got anything else you can try card in. Camera or phone

Sorted it now, the built in reader either cant read a larger sized sd or cant read xc.
Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants