Acer Revo i3 RL85 (uk version)

9 replies
Found 7th Oct 2016
Due to receive said item in the next few days. I've heard however running OS off an SSD Drive is far, far superior. Anybody know an idiot's guide to doing this? Thanks for any help.

9 Comments

Have you actually tried googling it?

Original Poster

Yes, that is always my first port of call. Some (very) basics on how to replace/add hard drive, nothing - I've found - on how to run OS from new SSD hard drive.

pazuzu17

Yes, that is always my first port of call. Some (very) basics on how to … Yes, that is always my first port of call. Some (very) basics on how to replace/add hard drive, nothing - I've found - on how to run OS from new SSD hard drive.

Ah okay, so are you looking for tips on how to move the os across to a new hd or how to physically replace the drive?

Original Poster

ipswich78

Ah okay, so are you looking for tips on how to move the os across to a … Ah okay, so are you looking for tips on how to move the os across to a new hd or how to physically replace the drive?

Both, since both is what I'll eventually need to do. Mostly moving the OS across however, if I had to choose.

pazuzu17

Both, since both is what I'll eventually need to do. Mostly moving the OS … Both, since both is what I'll eventually need to do. Mostly moving the OS across however, if I had to choose.

On a new PC I wouldn't bother trying to clone it, just grab the latest Windows 10 installer from Microsoft's website and do a fresh install.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

On a new PC I wouldn't bother trying to clone it, just grab the latest … On a new PC I wouldn't bother trying to clone it, just grab the latest Windows 10 installer from Microsoft's website and do a fresh install.

Won't that cost a pretty penny?

Original Poster

Well, this 'Ask' section has been a washout (for me). I'm no further forward as it stands today.

pazuzu17

Won't that cost a pretty penny?

No, it's completely free.

If the PC came without an operating system you'd have to buy it but all you'd be doing is putting on a fresh install using the Windows 10 licence that came with the machine:
microsoft.com/en-…s10

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

No, it's completely free. If the PC came without an operating system … No, it's completely free. If the PC came without an operating system you'd have to buy it but all you'd be doing is putting on a fresh install using the Windows 10 licence that came with the machine:https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Finally, some genuine help. Thanks, sincerely.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hope of a cure for asthma712
    2. Free Fifa 18 Fut coins 150k610
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2151
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216636

See more discussions