Achieved a bonus what shall I buy or do with it?

41 replies
Found 24th Oct 2007
worked really hard this year and have gained a bonus no idea how much is left after the tax man has been at it but wondering if u had a few grand to spare what would you do with it?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
42 Comments

Admin

Boring but I'd pay a chunk off my mortgage :roll:

Original Poster

we dont have a mortgage accomodation is subsidised(in a way)

juliet_bravo

Boring but I'd pay a chunk off my mortgage :roll:

oww how fun dose that sound :-D naw go on holiday or buy a new tv and 360 or something fun

treat yourself to something nice and save the rest

Buy this http://www.wiredathomeblog.com/photos/uncategorized/100inchlcd.jpg

I would put it towards my new car. Ooh its gonna be all shiny and new.

Original Poster

bought a new tv hardly use it got a couple of 360s(thanks tescos) guess i like the laptop too much spend half the tie on here so dont look for other entertainment

Save it,if I got some extra cash I'd save it.
Get a mini cash isa or something,you can invest upto £3K by April 5th if you haven't already opened another or added to any old ones this tax yr.

Internet gambling and online p*rn subscriptions, or if thats a no i am willing to PM you my paypal address. Think about it.

jasonrat

if u had a few grand to spare what would you do with it?

Sex, drugs and a little rock 'n' roll.

Failing that, stick it in an ISA.

Whichever floats your boat really.

Original Poster

isa looks interesting
maxed out on sex drugs and rock and rol already

Admin

familyguy9

oww how fun dose that sound :-D naw go on holiday or buy a new tv and 360 … oww how fun dose that sound :-D naw go on holiday or buy a new tv and 360 or something fun

:giggle: Sorry if I sound boring! Saying that though, we've got nice cars, stupidely big tellies, a PS3, a Wii, a tempur bed :oops: so, really, we're just as bad as everyone else at wasting money :roll: :giggle:

I'd honestly invest it or put it in a high interest account... don't waste it on stuff you don't need... you might need it for something important one day!!!

Admin

odriscoll

Internet gambling and online p*rn subscriptions, or if thats a no i am … Internet gambling and online p*rn subscriptions, or if thats a no i am willing to PM you my paypal address. Think about it.

:lol: You should do this for a living!

I got the first part of my bonus this month - £2k away for a replacement car next year, £500 towards the wedding, and £400 to treat us! I am expecting another few thousand in January and that will probably be spent the same.

However - and even though it might sound sad, I agree on paying some of your mortgage off!

PS - can't believe how much the Tax Man takes off me!!!!!!!

I worked like a dog throughout September and managed to earn a £780 bonus for the month. We finally got our Oct payslips today and I've been taxed over £300 of it I really hoped my bonus was going to get me out of hot water but instead i'm going to be broke again for November *sigh*

Admin

NatD

I got the However - and even though it might sound sad, I agree on paying … I got the However - and even though it might sound sad, I agree on paying some of your mortgage off!PS - can't believe how much the Tax Man takes off me!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!
Shame he ain't burdened with a mortgage yet :roll:
Makes a big difference to your debt just paying chunks off here and there :thumbsup:

Doh!!!

JB - we are in a similar position with nice car / TV / PS3 / Wii etc. and TBH don't want for a lot really. People forget that it's not just the payment that you save on by knocking the mortgage down, but also you save big time on the interest payments as well!!!

Admin

NatD

Doh!!!JB - we are in a similar position with nice car / TV / PS3 / Wii … Doh!!!JB - we are in a similar position with nice car / TV / PS3 / Wii etc. and TBH don't want for a lot really. People forget that it's not just the payment that you save on by knocking the mortgage down, but also you save big time on the interest payments as well!!!

Precisely- isn't it something like for every £1 you borrow, you end up paying £2.20 back (or thereabouts) so you can be cutting thousands off your interest
You and me Nat, boring but sensible :lol:

Ach my old employer was an ass about bonuses, it was in a call centre and I was in top 3 (or 5 I cant remember) out of about 300 staff 3 months in a row, In those 3 months my bonus was about £1.18 yep thats one pound 18p

They worked it stupid there your supervisor got the bonus i.e he got about £350 a month from my work. No wonder he tried to make me finish my breaks 5 minutes early and work 15 minutes after my shift had ended.

asses the lot of them

Though he did once buy me a pint at the pub lol sure that makes up for it.

If I had a few grand spare......

1. £1000 on women
2. £1000 on beer
3. £800 on dining out & having a good time

Probably just waste the rest!!:w00t: :w00t:

Original Poster

cuzzy

If I had a few grand spare......1. £1000 on women2. £1000 on beer3. £800 o … If I had a few grand spare......1. £1000 on women2. £1000 on beer3. £800 on dining out & having a good time Probably just waste the rest!!:w00t: :w00t:

wow jB would love you

imagine all that jewellry

jasonrat

wow jB would love youimagine all that jewellry

She would have to earn it!:whistling:

Banned

maybe buy me something nice? :thumbsup: lol

I'd go to Amsterdam and smoke it away and spend it in on some posh totty

Admin

cuzzy

She would have to earn it!:whistling:

By doing what prey tell :whistling: :? :giggle:

Lemme guess- opening your beer for you...

Admin

ryouga

I'd go to Amsterdam and smoke it away and spend it in on some posh totty

Ain't no such thing as posh totty in Amsterdam sweetpea :lol: You ever been?

I too would pay off some of my mortgage but as the OP doesn't have one my next step would be an ISA, although I would treat myself to something first, maybe a weekend break or a day out buying clothes?

juliet_bravo

By doing what prey tell :whistling: :? :giggle: Lemme guess- opening your … By doing what prey tell :whistling: :? :giggle: Lemme guess- opening your beer for you...

Well thats a start! :whistling:

juliet_bravo

Ain't no such thing as posh totty in Amsterdam sweetpea :lol: You ever … Ain't no such thing as posh totty in Amsterdam sweetpea :lol: You ever been?

Im talking about an expensive woman who will do what I want and be fantastic and wont moan and be great where it matters lol

Admin

ryouga

Im talking about an expensive woman who will do what I want and be … Im talking about an expensive woman who will do what I want and be fantastic and wont moan and be great where it matters lol

Awww bless ya Ryouga.. you'll pay for an expensive call girl to grant your wildest dreams, but you'll be too stoned to do anything :lol:

Banned

wow! a bonus?...whats one of those? lol

Banned

If you are wanting an experience there are some good things on firebox, such as sphereing and skydiving - firebox.com/cat…ces

Banned

Buy yourself, a wife....you can get her to do allsorts of great stuff :w00t:

thailovelinks.com/gal…r=1

Admin

UltimoScorpion

Buy yourself, a wife....you can get her to do allsorts of great stuff … Buy yourself, a wife....you can get her to do allsorts of great stuff :w00t:http://www.thailovelinks.com/gallery.cfm?Gender=Female&Order=1

:giggle: you bad sod

Banned

spend it on me :-D

Banned

juliet_bravo

:giggle: you bad sod

I might put a bid in for the one winking on the 2nd row....hot babe! :w00t: :giggle:

I keep throwing myself in your direction but you're not interested?

I need a 2nd wife, one for the weekends:w00t:

jasonrat

worked really hard this year and have gained a bonus no idea how much is … worked really hard this year and have gained a bonus no idea how much is left after the tax man has been at it but wondering if u had a few grand to spare what would you do with it?

u could buy me an expensive roBust bra even !!!!!lol

Trip to the US to take advantage of the £/$ exchange rate. Treat yourself whilst you're over there to a nice Omega watch

If you have any left over you could get yourself down to Tesco and stock up on Heinz soup !!!! :w00t:

I would put some in an ISA and enjoy the rest, therefore you have something for now and somethingfor later :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions