Found 3rd Mar 2009
Omg, I'm such a div.... lol

I deleted an unused log in name from my msn, thought nothing of it..

just went to log into GTA and my log in details have gone from there too!!! No one told me they were linked!!! Can't remember the email address as it was created just for GTA... lost all my achievements and stuff!

Just needed to moan. thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Banned

huh? i take you are talking xbox live.... your passport account is both messenger and xbox live... but its not speciifc to gta, unless you have multiple accounts?

o no! thats well sucky :-(

Original Poster

No I'm on about GTA 4 for the pc. For some reason when you get a live email address to use for your GTA account, it adds the log in info you your MSN log in thing... so as it was a specific email address for GTA., i deleted from MSN... now my details are gone from GTA... stupid that they are linked. have to start my game over again now.

Banned

well hang on.... you sure you haven't just deleted the password information from windows?

goto Control Panel --> User accounts --> Manage Credentials (might be a bit different, im using windows 7)

My guess is that its deleted. However, if you recreate it (sign in with that account on msn), it may just come back?

I know GTA4 on pc uses some weird version of games for windows live, so this might not be the case, but maybe worth a try?

Original Poster

I can't remember the email address, my OH set it up for me, then when I went to log in on GTA, all the details were there already so I never paid much attention to it. Now of course, he can't remember either cuz he's slept since then.

lol.

lol

I havent heard the word "div" in years. Thank you thank you lol reminded me of childhood!

Sorry you lost your passwords honey x

Banned

ChipSticks;4540289

I can't remember the email address, my OH set it up for me, then when I … I can't remember the email address, my OH set it up for me, then when I went to log in on GTA, all the details were there already so I never paid much attention to it. Now of course, he can't remember either cuz he's slept since then.lol.

ahh I see... hmm... can you remember the gamertag maybe?

Original Poster

vibeone;4540337

ahh I see... hmm... can you remember the gamertag maybe?

yes I know the gamertag, that is still in GTA, but the email and password part is now blank. I've tried copying my game file over to a now unused gamertag but it just says load failed, check hard drive, so that's not going to work lol.

looks like I'm gonna have to get a new email/gamertag and start over... Grrrrr had just got the liberty city minute achievement too :x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51450
    2. Win a gorgeous bundle of fair trade toys from Best Years, worth £100 @ Netm…10
    3. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    4. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55

See more discussions