ACL Reconstruction and Meniscus medial and lateral root repair

Found 23rd Oct 2017Edited by:"Luciegoose"
I'm not hoping for much here but it's worth a try and anyone who has been through the same surgery may be able to share their experience

12 days ago I had the above surgery and I'm now on a 12 week waiting list for physio

I'm currently in a 60 degree flexion full extension brace with 50% weight bearing allowed using crutches (I started off in a fully extended brace) and I have been told to bend to 60 degrees 20 times an hour along with a few other exercises and to ice occasionally

I'm basically looking to find out if the above seems alright regarding recovery/ the physio wait time. I'm particularly worried about the meniscus becoming detached from its sockets again and the graft which came from my hamstring failing

I have had two falls where I stepped fully on the bad leg and today doing my exercises bending I felt a twinge

Any help would be great
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
!2 weeks seems a bit strong, did you receive any exercises to do post surgery? If not and you can afford or have the appropriate insurance I would book a physio privately.

Also try not to compare yourself to others, every one responds differently, It took me 18 months to fully recover and 12 months before I could do any decent training.
Original Poster
32298243-24kaH.jpg32298243-l9xrB.jpgI was given the above after the surgery before being discharged along with the bending and straightening exercise ! Oh and turns out I'm aiming for 60 degrees flexion not 90! If I don't start physio ASAP will it hinder my chances of successful recovery much? I am attempting to get back into playing football, that's the end goal (pardon the pun)
DKLS5 h, 30 m ago

!2 weeks seems a bit strong, did you receive any exercises to do post …!2 weeks seems a bit strong, did you receive any exercises to do post surgery? If not and you can afford or have the appropriate insurance I would book a physio privately.Also try not to compare yourself to others, every one responds differently, It took me 18 months to fully recover and 12 months before I could do any decent training.

Edited by: "Luciegoose" 23rd Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions