Groups

Acquiring a WEP key ?

Hello

On my sixth form laptop the IT technicians have already entered the WEP key and i was wondering if there was a way i could find this out so i could use it on my phone ?

Is there some sort of program or website that will tell me this ?

Thanks James

15 Comments

No, that's why it's secure
    You will have to ask them

there are "proggys" that are available to acquire this info depending on how the key has been stored...

Could try a program called "Wireless WEP Key Password Spy 1.1" This program will scan your computer/laptop and should recover any WEP keys which you have entered.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the rapidshare link to it so PM if you want it

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6261349

there are "proggys" that are available to acquire this info depending on … there are "proggys" that are available to acquire this info depending on how the key has been stored...

Could you tell me more please ?

Also WE CANT GET YOUTUBE OR FACEBOOK Anyway around this too ?

Cheers

nirsoft.net/uti…tml is the tool I use, can't see how it's not legit at all.

As for your second question - well that may well not be a legit question.

james_lfc;6261385

Could you tell me more please ? Also WE CANT GET YOUTUBE OR FACEBOOK … Could you tell me more please ? Also WE CANT GET YOUTUBE OR FACEBOOK Anyway around this too ? Cheers

try using online proxies for youtube or facebook.

cant tell you anymore as I dont know how your laptop is set up. Google be your friend on this one...however do watch out as many of the proggys as trojans so please make sure you know what you are doing.

Original Poster

Jakg;6261426

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html is the tool I use, can't … http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html is the tool I use, can't see how it's not legit at all.As for your second question - well that may well not be a legit question.

OMG THAT WEBSITE IS A BEAST !!!! REPPED, i have just tested it on my home one and it works great hopefully it will tomorrow :P

DarkKnight;6261298

No, that's why it's secureYou will have to ask them

WEP Secure? You having a laugh?

A certain live linux distro and certain wifi adaptors (available for £15ish) and you can crack any wep key in minutes:thumbsup::whistling:

It amazes me the number of people who believe WEP to be secure, I have several neighbours who use it and whose signal I can pick up and able to find the WEP key for if I so wish.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6261596

Where abouts are you based as I spent 2 weeks setting up wifi on 90 … Where abouts are you based as I spent 2 weeks setting up wifi on 90 laptops in a school near leeds in August. If it's the same school we use MAC Address filtering aswell, and no way around the blocks, facebook is even blocked for staff.

We have around 50 netbooks the NC10s, and its in Accrington, also i know that fb is blocked for staff too as its social networking but back in the day (like 2yrs ago lol) bebo was blocked and we got around it by proxy sites but they then blocked proxys :L

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6261802

We have 35 NC10's and 40 R510's, but yeah most proxies are blocked, not … We have 35 NC10's and 40 R510's, but yeah most proxies are blocked, not really a way around it unless you made your own proxy, or possibly try:http://m.facebook.comhttp://x.facebook.comBut they'll probably be blocked.

Okay thanks i'll give them a go tomorrow, thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

james_lfc;6261490

OMG THAT WEBSITE IS A BEAST !!!! REPPED, i have just tested it on my home … OMG THAT WEBSITE IS A BEAST !!!! REPPED, i have just tested it on my home one and it works great hopefully it will tomorrow :P

Just tried it on my NC0 and it has been stopped by sophos as it is a ''hacking tool''

Do anything with IT in a school and you risk suspension, it's not worth it.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6262042

Ours is really slack, it didn't used to be but it is now. 7 pupils were … Ours is really slack, it didn't used to be but it is now. 7 pupils were found with a list of every pupils username and password in the school, they only got a warning, good job they were idiots as my account was on the list from when I was a pupil except I was now IT staff, so I had full admin over the whole network including access to the servers, and the administration drive (wages, exam results etc.).

We all had them our old tech guys weren't upto much and that was available in our my documents folder lol, they proper messed up but nothing bad came of it.

Also my router at home is WPA and it just showed that in a second so do you know a way of disabling sophos so it lets me use it

dcx_badass;6262042

Ours is really slack, it didn't used to be but it is now. 7 pupils were … Ours is really slack, it didn't used to be but it is now. 7 pupils were found with a list of every pupils username and password in the school, they only got a warning, good job they were idiots as my account was on the list from when I was a pupil except I was now IT staff, so I had full admin over the whole network including access to the servers, and the administration drive (wages, exam results etc.).

And I am sure you would agree that a warning for that is unusual.

Just so you know its illegal :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions