acrylic nails

Found 7th May 2009
i had them done once and when i had them removed my nails were in bad shape... however...im thinking if doing them properly; ie not as a one off but going back for refills and maintaing them for at least 6 months or so....

i hate long nails...its a nightmare to do anything...just want short NEAT nails that look polished etc......esp with summer coming up... gotta look fab!! hehe!!

so how much should i expect to pay
how often o u go back for refills
u can get short acrylics right?

THANKS x

24 Comments

So long as you keep digging them into my back any will be fine!:whistling:

can you not just grow your own? mine look like acrylics and everyone thinks they are....only bad thing is i cry when one breaks...literally

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5141937

So long as you keep digging them into my back any will be fine!:whistling:

haha kinky!

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5141948

can you not just grow your own? mine look like acrylics and everyone … can you not just grow your own? mine look like acrylics and everyone thinks they are....only bad thing is i cry when one breaks...literally

im not one to spend time doing them myslef. i will mess them up and i wont be bothered.....but thanks

fair enough....cant really help you with prices, a friend of mine used to get them done for £35 and think infills were 15/20...but hers didnt suit her hands, she only had right little pink bits on her nails so they looked daft and came off straight away
good luck anyways

Prices will probably vary upon where u live I should imagine,but for a full set of acrylics I would expect to pay up to around £30,infills about £20(guesstimates)

Tbh.....having done the acrylics thing myself I would not like to go back to having them done.I now use cuticle oil and Nail Envy by OPI.......has really helped my weak nails from splitting,breaking etc.You could get a bottle of each of these for the cost of one acrylic set and they will last for months too.As you already know,acrylics do nothing for you're natural nails.:)

Grow your own and save the £££.

Original Poster

thanks MP..... cant rep u as no love left for tonight x

Grow your own then have a manicure and layer of acrylic over the top. It took me over a year to get my own nails back to normal after only 3 months of acrylics. In Manchester it's around £22-£25 and infills around £16 which works out expensive if your nails grow fast, i had to have mine done every 3 weeks

Original Poster

queenlush;5142902

Grow your own then have a manicure and layer of acrylic over the top. It … Grow your own then have a manicure and layer of acrylic over the top. It took me over a year to get my own nails back to normal after only 3 months of acrylics. In Manchester it's around £22-£25 and infills around £16 which works out expensive if your nails grow fast, i had to have mine done every 3 weeks

yeah took me about that long as well after my acryclics.....ok will look into that as well thanks.

tinkerbell28;5142976

I was going to say how about popping in to a salon, gettin them to shape … I was going to say how about popping in to a salon, gettin them to shape and grow your nails for a couple of weeks and ahve them manicured with acrylic on top, no tips. This is what I started doing as I have quite strong nails.I have just stopped having acrylics when I moved, due to not being able to find a salon that easily.I used to pay £50 every 6 weeks for a full set and £20 every 2 for infills. I could not keep the tips on more than 6 weeks as I could not bare seeing my own nails grow through!Down here it's been the same price for years £50 for full set roughly and £20 for infills. Anything less, the £30 full set and £15 infills you get here are that cheap chinese stuff you have seen on watchdog, the stuff that strips your nails, as my sis found out the hard way!

i didnt know that about chinese salons.... did suspect it though after the way my nails were of a month of acrylics. i cant stand seeing my nails under the acrylics either.... hmmm...seems like a lot of hard work!! thanks will rep u when get some rep back x

tinkerbell28;5142976

I was going to say how about popping in to a salon, gettin them to shape … I was going to say how about popping in to a salon, gettin them to shape and grow your nails for a couple of weeks and ahve them manicured with acrylic on top, no tips. This is what I started doing as I have quite strong nails.I have just stopped having acrylics when I moved, due to not being able to find a salon that easily.I used to pay £50 every 6 weeks for a full set and £20 every 2 for infills. I could not keep the tips on more than 6 weeks as I could not bare seeing my own nails grow through!Down here it's been the same price for years £50 for full set roughly and £20 for infills. Anything less, the £30 full set and £15 infills you get here are that cheap chinese stuff you have seen on watchdog, the stuff that strips your nails, as my sis found out the hard way!

oooh i didn't know that about chinese salons either, that's where i had mine done ! mind you in proper nail and tan shops it's only about £30 here

By the way ladies on the subject of nail salons, have a look at an american comedienne on youtube called Anjela Johnson,( yes Anjela is spelled with a J ) she does a clip about chinese nail salons and it is so funny, they all must have the same patter lol I can't post a link cos i'm at work

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;5143527

oh OP dont do it they ruin your natural nails, and flipping expensive. I … oh OP dont do it they ruin your natural nails, and flipping expensive. I had them done years ago, infills every 2 weeks at £25 a time, they start to look naff when your natural nail grows under them , when my nails got to long under them had to pay to have them soaked off , took me over 6 months to get my nails back to normal, Would argee with queenlush though about the manicure but ask them to put a diamond wrap over the top of your nails, it looks stunning and only needed to be replaced every 4 weeks and you can do it yourself as its a type of nail varnish ( i bought some from avon years ago)Now i do my own nails and use sally hensen products, they look great and a fraction of the cost.hope this helps

oh im so thick...of course...never thought of that... u would need them on and off depending on ur own nails and then that would really wreck them.... but this manicure and diamond wrap sounds FAB! id still wanna get them done as im useless....but i think ive beeen put off the acrylics now... thanks ladies...im repping as i get the rep! x

queenlush;5143648

By the way ladies on the subject of nail salons, have a look at an … By the way ladies on the subject of nail salons, have a look at an american comedienne on youtube called Anjela Johnson,( yes Anjela is spelled with a J ) she does a clip about chinese nail salons and it is so funny, they all must have the same patter lol I can't post a link cos i'm at work

will look that up in a bit hun x

Banned

buy some sally hanson maximum growth, and look after the ones you have x

I get mine done all the time. For the 1st time i got them done they cost £15 then the infills every2 weeks at £7 but that dones include rhinestones i have put on my nails x

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;5144316

I get mine done all the time. For the 1st time i got them done they cost … I get mine done all the time. For the 1st time i got them done they cost £15 then the infills every2 weeks at £7 but that dones include rhinestones i have put on my nails x

how often do u need them off cos ur nails are too long?

queenlush;5143648

By the way ladies on the subject of nail salons, have a look at an … By the way ladies on the subject of nail salons, have a look at an american comedienne on youtube called Anjela Johnson,( yes Anjela is spelled with a J ) she does a clip about chinese nail salons and it is so funny, they all must have the same patter lol I can't post a link cos i'm at work

youtube.com/wat…Yy0

Original Poster

xSpoiltPrincessx;5145062

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDJ-ZIvYy0

sooooooooooooooooo funny!!

xSpoiltPrincessx;5145062

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDJ-ZIvYy0

Aw thank you for that x

sassie;5144008

buy some sally hanson maximum growth, and look after the ones you have x

:thumbsup:That stuff is great! My nails never used to grow before i started using it!

Original Poster

xSpoiltPrincessx;5145261

:thumbsup:That stuff is great! My nails never used to grow before i … :thumbsup:That stuff is great! My nails never used to grow before i started using it!

cant look after them myself. no patience. like the manicure and diamond wrap idea!

around every 6 weeks , it depends how they looking if you know what i mean x

Original Poster

Original Poster

thanks ladies....very useful thread
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18386809
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771877
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…8251550
    4. David Cassidy is in critical condition with organ failure56

See more discussions