Action Cam confusion

Found 2nd Nov 2017
Good evening you lovely lot, my 8 year old has asked Santa for the vtech action cam, however, I can only imagine the poor sound/picture quality so Santa is going to improvise and get him a decent action cam, what specs should I go for? I've looked on Argos and this one seems Ok argos.co.uk/pro…475 if anyone can point me in the right direction so Santa doesn't go too far wrong. Ideally about the £65 is the limit. Thank-you for sharing your brain goo with me
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I don’t think you can go far wrong with those sj4000 cameras you see on amazon. Can get one for 30-40 quid. I wish I never spent so much on my GoPro and bought one of those instead
Dannyrobbo5 m ago

I don’t think you can go far wrong with those sj4000 cameras you see on a …I don’t think you can go far wrong with those sj4000 cameras you see on amazon. Can get one for 30-40 quid. I wish I never spent so much on my GoPro and bought one of those instead

I Shall have a look, I'm so behind on all this technology mumbo jumbo it's shocking. I dont want to spend a lot on something he may just chuck in the junk drawer. He's so hard to buy for too Thanks for replying.
Dannyrobbo14 m ago

I don’t think you can go far wrong with those sj4000 cameras you see on a …I don’t think you can go far wrong with those sj4000 cameras you see on amazon. Can get one for 30-40 quid. I wish I never spent so much on my GoPro and bought one of those instead

amazon.co.uk/gp/…rch I presume you mean this one
Both of these are much better, I've had the first one for a few years now, it's great and it will beat both the ones linked so far, can get cheap accessories including Bluetooth remotes, can also view it on your phone/tablet and if you're an advanced user tweak it for much better quality:
amazon.co.uk/YI-…O6/

There's a new 4k version as well, although I don't know what accessories are available:
amazon.co.uk/dp/…7F/

Review here:
pevly.com/xia…ew/
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 2nd Nov 2017
This one is very decent at the £79.99 price, gets lots of good review at Amazon where it hovers around £100-110.
You need to look for 4k 1080p minimum

Most will have a battery life of 90 mins

As per Dannyrobbo there is no need to spend big money just for a brand/label

I have 2 cheap (£30) Chinese SJ4000 copies and both came with an additional battery and all the fixings for different mounts (probably got from Amazon or Gearbest)

This video shot on one of the cheap £30 cameras in 720 (a lower setting at the time because the SD card was only a few GB)
dailymotion.com/vid…269

Example
hotukdeals.com/dea…038
Edited by: "philphil61" 3rd Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants