Action Cam For Holiday

Found 3rd Feb
I'm off on holiday to Mexico in a few months and have been looking at getting an action camera but didn't want to spend a lot (under £100 ideally).

I know there are a lot of them by makes nobody has heard of, like Yi, Aukey and Apeman to name a few.

Amazon seems to be a decent place to grab one, but any hints/tips (or better yet, direct links) would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskTravel
4 Comments
33196005-ozzCC.jpg
Yi is Xiaoyi a subsidy of Xiaomi, you know Xiaomi as in the 4th biggest phone company in the world, I'd hardly say they're unheard of...

Anyway I've had the Yi camera for a few years and it's fantastic, often £30 on amazon or the 4k one is about £80.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 4th Feb
OK, so let's say they're relatively unheard of outside of China... Also, they're not the 4th biggest phone company in the world, they're 5th. Feel free to keep up the passive-aggressive posts though, very entertaining.

When I was talking about the 'unheard of' brands, I wasn't suggesting I wouldn't buy one or that people shouldn't, if the products are good then I'll buy it no matter what logo was stuck on the side. I own products by Anker and SoundPeats, neither of which I'd heard of before having their stuff recommended.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't want to pay for a brand name that everyone has heard of (Go Pro) if there is a cheaper alternative which is just as good (or perhaps almost as good) for a quarter of the price.

A little more about what it will be used for; simply a decent camera for holiday videos which is waterproof (to be used while snorkeling and messing around by/in the pool).
The Yi 4K is Techmoans number one action cam, that says a lot to thos who follow him on YouTube, basically apart from GPS and being waterproof without a case it’s as good if not better than a go pro 5, and knocking on the door of the six, battery life is an hour longer as well.

i have have just bought a 4K, I paid £128.00 including waterproof case, above your budget, however I also bought a cross tour action cam for my nephew at Christmas, the build quality is like comparing night and day. My son says, “Buy quality once” it’s a good thing to follow.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants