Activate SIM without topup

Posted 19th Feb
Does anyone know of any networks that do a SIM that you don't have to top up to activate? I am trying to move my number from Vodafone to voxi and because they are the same company the chat advisor said that he was having great trouble doing it. so I thought I may aswell get a SIM port my number out then back in.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
3. I did this recently with an old phone that I only wanted to use as a e-reader. Stopped the sim missing nag. The sim activated with 3 since I got the usual messages from them.
Doesn't Voxi allow you to import a Voda number at sign-up?
Otherwise WazdaMobile is free sim and free port in & out
I'd second Three. Their free "Data" sim is perfect. It activates fine but if you want, you can put as little as £2 credit on and it'll work as a call/txt sim too on their 3,2,1 call plan.

three.co.uk/Fre…der

All the best, Phsy.
Have ordered a 3 SIM will give that a go cheers
I did this with Tesco mobile not so long ago, got them to activate the Sim over live chat whilst I was still in store and yet to even purchase the Sim card (wasn't going to pay for it if they would not transfer it over)
AndyRoyd19/02/2020 17:15

Doesn't Voxi allow you to import a Voda number at sign-up?

moschops120/02/2020 00:39

Have ordered a 3 SIM will give that a go cheers

Try another Voxi chat advisor.
"Already on Vodafone?..We're part of the Vodafone network, so you can join VOXI without having to order a new SIM or change your number.
"
voxi.co.uk/mov…ber
Asda is free
Boxing sim is free apply on line
Boxing SIM?
EE or Three payg sims work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants