Activating a Russian Steam key on my account

Found 11th Mar
Hi,

Just wondering if I buy a Russian Steam key, because it's basically half price, use a VPN to set Russian IP and activate it. Should I have any problem in the future like have my account banned? Others told me if I ever login with my UK IP, I could have been banned. But I doubt it's true because I use my Steam account abroad for years now without any problem.

Cheers,
Community Updates
AskVideo Games & Consoles
3 Comments
You will probably just find the key is banned if you login via a uk ip. Why not just buy it through cdkeys/humble bundle/fanatical/greenmangaming who offer international keys
cmdr_elito9 h, 26 m ago

You will probably just find the key is banned if you login via a uk ip. …You will probably just find the key is banned if you login via a uk ip. Why not just buy it through cdkeys/humble bundle/fanatical/greenmangaming who offer international keys

Because it is cheaper as I stated in the OP. I will wait for a promotion then.
borosidf6 h, 43 m ago

Because it is cheaper as I stated in the OP. I will wait for a promotion …Because it is cheaper as I stated in the OP. I will wait for a promotion then.

It’s cheaper for a reason, that it’s locked to a particular region where earnings are much lower than elsewhere. This really isn’t a money saving route to do this and whilst steam will probably just ban they key, if you do it a lot they may ban your account instead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions