ADATA SU800 256GB on ASROCK AB350M PC Won’t POST

Found 1st Jun
I am building a new PC with a Ryzen 1800X on an ASROCK AB350M with 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX. I also picked up a M.2 SSD, the ADATA SU800 256GB. The PC works fine without the drive installed but as soon as I fit it the PC won’t POST and emits continuous beeps via the speaker.

I am wondering if there is a compatibility problem as I recently learned there are two types of m.2 drive the SATA based drive and the PCI Express type. The drive I have says it is SATA 6GBPS but I checked my motherboards specs, as here: asrock.com/MB/…asp and it definitely says it does support SATA type drives in the M.2 port.

Are there any settings you have to turn on in the BIOS to use M.2?

Is there anything else I can try or does this mean I have a dead drive?
Community Updates
AskMotherboard
4 Comments
Some M.2 slots share SATA resources with a SATA port so if you are also using that SATA port that does share then you will have a problem.
I'm not sure if you need to change a setting if using a SATA M.2 drive?
Check the manual
Check this setting in the BIOS:

SATA Mode
AHCI: Supports new features that improve performance.
RAID: Combine multiple disk drives into a logical unit.

----------------------------------------------------

The tech specs say:

*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks.

Not sure if that means you can't boot from a SATA M.2 but I suspect you can.
Are you trying to boot from it?
thanks, ultimately solved it by reinstalling the drive, it must have been ever so slightly loose the first time. Seems to work fine now, touch wood, installed Windows and boots right into it just like any other drive on the SATA ports, didn't have to change any settings.
ST31231 m ago

thanks, ultimately solved it by reinstalling the drive, it must have been …thanks, ultimately solved it by reinstalling the drive, it must have been ever so slightly loose the first time. Seems to work fine now, touch wood, installed Windows and boots right into it just like any other drive on the SATA ports, didn't have to change any settings.

Yeah, the beeping noise suggested something more primary so good catch.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants