Groups

Add a Child (new user) Option in Windows 10 Professional

Hello, I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 professional and trying to give pc access to my little one as I dont want him to use Administrative account.
    While searching I couldn't find any such option for "Add a child" infact I can not create any secondary account without creating Microsoft Account.
    Can some one guide me plz.
    Thx

5 Comments

Settings>Accounts>Family & Other People>Add Someone else to this PC>I don't have this person's sign in information> Add a user without a Microsoft account.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

SettingsAccountsFamily & Other PeopleAdd Someone else to this PCI don't … Settings>Accounts>Family & Other People>Add Someone else to this PC>I don't have this person's sign in information> Add a user without a Microsoft account.

I have seen this but it ask you to create Microsoft account.

asifbutt

I have seen this but it ask you to create Microsoft account.

Clicking 'Add a user without a Microsoft account' still asks you to create a Microsoft account?

Do you get any error message?

I think you do need a Microsoft account to use the built in child filtering but a simple local account without administrative privileges shouldn't need that.

Original Poster

thanks all. had to login using my Microsoft account and created another one as even for a child account you have to have a Microsoft Account.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…45
      2. Car park fine UKPC1419
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?44
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue66

See more discussions