Adding Feet to a PS4

Banned 7
Found 7th Jun 2015
My PS4 is really loud at times, so I'm going to buy some rubber feet to put in each corner of the console to raise it up by about 8mm. Is this ok and is it likely to help?

Thanks
Community Updates
7 Comments
It's not going to harm it but whether it'll help the noise will depend on what exactly is causing it.
Original Poster Banned
stuarthanley

It's not going to harm it but whether it'll help the noise will depend on … It's not going to harm it but whether it'll help the noise will depend on what exactly is causing it.

I think it's getting too hot. The fan goes mental after 5 mins of playing Resident Evil Revelation 2 and it's a digital game.
You could try setting up a table fan near it if its getting too hot. I had similar issues with my first X360.
i have one of these and mine isn't loud at all.
ebay.co.uk/itm…8df
How's the air flow around the ps4?
Not pushed against a wall?

Dusty at all?

Make sure the vents are clear, and try see if the fan on the inside is clean as well.

You can get fan attachments onto the back off the ps4 that help bring in more air.

Could be a heat issue so the fan is working harder to keep the unit cool.

I put these on my PS4 as it sits on top of my Humax box although I try and not to have them both on at the same time. Not sure it will solve your problem but it won't hurt. As the guy above says check the vents etc too and check your firmware is up to date.
Original Poster Banned
I got some. They raised the console up by about 0.8cm and hasn't made any difference. I honestly thought it was going to take off and fly away last night.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants