Expired

Adding HDMI on my zoostorm pc

Found 7th Oct 2014
Got a pc without a hdmi port. Anyone can confirm if my motherboard is suitable for this PCI card please:

MSI V212-066R ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics Card PCI-e 1 GB DDR3 Memory Dual DVI HDMI amazon.co.uk/dp/…HXW

Motherboard is a GA-H61M-DS2

I wanted to connect my monitor and projector together. Thanks
Community Updates
AskPCZoostorm
6 Comments
Your motherboard will support that graphics card just fine.
When I looked at doing this it was cheaper just to get and HDMI device. I went with and android stick. But there is the Chromecast now, couldn't you just cast to your projector?
pat915m

When I looked at doing this it was cheaper just to get and HDMI device. I … When I looked at doing this it was cheaper just to get and HDMI device. I went with and android stick. But there is the Chromecast now, couldn't you just cast to your projector?

The latency would make that a pain for anything but movie watching. If he wanted to use his desktop it would be a terrible experience. And in the end it wouldn't be any cheaper, the GPU is £20.
Edited by: "rev6" 7th Oct 2014
rev6

Your motherboard will support that graphics card just fine.

Brilliant. Just ordered
If your just looking for a physical hdmi connection then just buy a dvi to hdmi dongle for about £2.
A3DELITIST

If your just looking for a physical hdmi connection then just buy a dvi … If your just looking for a physical hdmi connection then just buy a dvi to hdmi dongle for about £2.

Their motherboard doesn't have a DVI port.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants