Groups
    EXPIRED

Adding music to iTunes from top 40 albums dvd I bought off the market

As description.. I'm using windows vista and I bought a DVD that contains the top 40 albums. I just wanna add a couple of the albums onto my iphone but I ain't got the slightest clue what I'm supposed to do. Been at it since 5pm and still none the wiser! Can anyone help

11 Comments

Have you got a receipt?

Original Poster

Erm.... Nope!

Click file > Add folder to library.

Then navigate to the folder & click 'select folder'

After it's added to itunes sync your phone as normal

Edited by: "spiderbifida" 17th Dec 2014

spiderbifida

Click file Add folder to library then navigate to the folder & click … Click file > Add folder to library then navigate to the folder & click 'select folder'

That could work but I'm assuming the OP has already tried that.

Click on my computer and then double click on your DVD drive, what file types and structure do you see? It's possible that the albums are archived, maybe as .rar or .zip files so you'll need to extract them before iTunes recognises them. Then in iTunes do the above.

Put DVD in computer
    Go to my computer and open the DVD
    Select the albums you want and copy them
    Go to my document / my music and paste the albums
    Open iTunes
    Select 'file' in top, left corner
    Select 'add folder to library'
    Navigate to the folder that you copied the music to (my documents / my music)
    Select the folder containing an album, or you can select a folder containing multiple albums/songs
    Click select folder
    Music will be added to iTunes.
    Plug in your iPhone and Sync

Original Poster

Aww thanks all you fabulous techie people.. I shall give those tips a try and I'm sure it'll be successful..
    Xxx

Original Poster

Comment[quote=shatteredneon]Put DVD in computer
    Go to my computer and open the DVD
    Select the albums you want and copy them
    Go to my document / my music and paste the albums
    Open iTunes
    Select 'file' in top, left corner
    Select 'add folder to library'
    Navigate to the folder that you copied the music to (my documents / my music)
    Select the folder containing an album, or you can select a folder containing multiple albums/songs
    Click select folder
    Music will be added to iTunes.
    Plug in your iPhone and Sync[/quote

Yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you!! Perfect 'idiots guide' and it worked!
    You're a star!

Ahhh another person on this site actively encouraging and participating in music piracy. Still amazed the moderators let this sort of thing happen.

Original Poster

Comment

ipswich78

Ahhh another person on this site actively encouraging and participating … Ahhh another person on this site actively encouraging and participating in music piracy. Still amazed the moderators let this sort of thing happen.

Please feel free to delete this post if I'm offending anyone. Sorry

I thought you could copy music like this if you had bought it, as long as it's for own use
    Edited by: "deekie" 17th Dec 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions