Additional items received

7 replies
Found 28th Nov 2016
I placed an order for a high street shoe seller and have received an additional four packages of expensive men shoes. What do I do and how best do I go about it without it getting lost in the system...

These items were in different packages and addressed to me separately from what I initially ordered. Internal receipt shows a different name and addresses of people living hundreds of miles away..

Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

I would try contacting the people you bought them from using telepathy or failing that the phone or email. In cases like this you have to let the seller know and then they can ask you to return them as long as there conditions are reasonable and you don't have to go too far out of your way.

Original Poster

OK. Thanks.

Option 1. Contact the company and let them know.

Outcome 1. They collect them.
Outcome 2. They allow you to keep them (unlikely if expensive).

Option 2. Say nothing and keep them.

Outcome 1. They don't contact you and you get to keep them
Outcome 2. They realise they sent you the packages by mistake and retrieve them from you.
Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 28th Nov 2016

Unsolicited Goods (read here)

If a firm has left goods with you that weren't unsolicited goods, they … If a firm has left goods with you that weren't unsolicited goods, they still belong to the trader and you should try to give them back.Firms can take you to court to recover their goods.

Original Poster

I have contacted them via phone and they said they will get back to me. Strange... I thought they will be arranging a delivery immediately! Thanks.

CrazyBargains

I have contacted them via phone and they said they will get back to me. … I have contacted them via phone and they said they will get back to me. Strange... I thought they will be arranging a delivery immediately! Thanks.

I would email them so you have physical evidence of alerting them to there error.

Its up to them to arrange collection.

CrazyBargains

I have contacted them via phone and they said they will get back to me. … I have contacted them via phone and they said they will get back to me. Strange... I thought they will be arranging a delivery immediately! Thanks.

​Sooner or later, they will collect them from you...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray44
    2. Paw patrol sea patroller33
    3. 48 hour working time directive710
    4. Spotify family11

See more discussions