adidas exchanges - anyone dealt with this?

Posted 18th Oct
hi guys. I ordered a few items off adidas website recently but when the order arrived some of the items did not fit so i decided to take advantage of the free exchange service. I've never used the exchange service before bt have returned items hassle free so thought it would be worth a shot.
I created the exchange on the adidas website, printed off the new return label (not the one that came in box originally as appears the bar codes are different) attached that to the package & dropped it off at post office.
Website states when you generate an exchange you have 7 days to drop of the items. As soon as the courier collects your parcel from the post office your exchange items will be shipped. if you dont return within 7 days your exchange will be cancelled.
I never received any email to say the courier had collected my parcel or that my exchange had been dispatched.
I have checked the tracking no online for my return & adidas have now received it back. Again no email to advise of this.
I have also tracked my exchange items & the site says that I have 3 days left to ship my return items back (otherwise exchange will be cancelled).

I have contacted adidas who basically say just to wait & there is probably just a delay with the emails but I think that's bullcrap tbh.
Their system seems to rely on the reutn package being scanned by courier upon pick up from post office & it appears this hasnt happened. Hence adidas think i havent returned the items despite me having proof I have & tracking shows them receiving, & since they think I havent yet shipped the return they won't dispatch the exchanges.
I'm now stuck in a situation where they have my returned item but wont refund as it's not a return but an exchange but also wont dispatch the exchange due to not getting the notification from courier.

any advice? I don't get why if they can see on their system my return has arrived they can't just manually dispatch the exchange order.
would be interested to hear others experiences of exchanging with adidas. As i say returned in the past fairly hassle free but this is my first time exchanging.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Personally, I'd have just sent them back and re-ordered to save time. Basically, just asking for a refund whilst the item you want is still stocked. Even if they have your return booked in it has to go through a quality control process, checking overall condition, sizing, etc.
Hope this helps!
billyboyjones18/10/2019 10:12

Personally, I'd have just sent them back and re-ordered to save time. …Personally, I'd have just sent them back and re-ordered to save time. Basically, just asking for a refund whilst the item you want is still stocked. Even if they have your return booked in it has to go through a quality control process, checking overall condition, sizing, etc. Hope this helps!

couldnt re-order as sale was over items gone back up on price.
re quality control their website essentially states your exchange is shipped prior to them actually receiving the items back, as the exchange is meant to be dispatched at the point your return is collected from local po by courier
Order more than one size in the future and get a refund on the others that don't fit, they really don't mind you doing this, it's even on their return form as a reason for return (ordered multiple sizes)

Return and refund for me was really quick.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 18th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants