Admin removing posts

Found 30th May
I posted a deal (PUBG from cdkeys.com) within the last week. This game gets posted quite regular from various and sometimes the same vendors. At the time i posted it, it was £11.99 . It was posted around 1 month ago at that price but between that post and my post the price has fluctuated (and posted at higher price). I do not get why my deal/post was removed as it was the latest/lowest price .. just thought i would have a rant
Anyone else have this happen to them ?
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Duplicate? They normally message you to say a deals been removed.
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 30th May
Hi @teng The "original" was updated over a day before yours was shared with the new price and the thread was bumped so people could see this. So we'll still treat reposts the same if they are posted after the edit on the original.
magicjay19862 h, 32 m ago

Hi @teng The "original" was updated over a day before yours was shared …Hi @teng The "original" was updated over a day before yours was shared with the new price and the thread was bumped so people could see this. So we'll still treat reposts the same if they are posted after the edit on the original.

The other op posted at a set price, i think that should stick .. if one posts a deal the price should not be able to be changed (just my opinion) as they the op could keep changing price as and when it changes from the vendor .. so they could have a post/deal running forever basically meaning no one else would be able to post such deal from sed vendor if you get me. .. fair enough if info/description can be changed but a price should be locked in from when someone posts
teng8 m ago

The other op posted at a set price, i think that should stick .. if one …The other op posted at a set price, i think that should stick .. if one posts a deal the price should not be able to be changed (just my opinion) as they the op could keep changing price as and when it changes from the vendor .. so they could have a post/deal running forever basically meaning no one else would be able to post such deal from sed vendor if you get me. .. fair enough if info/description can be changed but a price should be locked in from when someone posts

CDKeys is a perfect example of how often a price can change. So if we then expired a thread when there is any change we'll get so many reposts. That would be far from ideal and I know this is not something our community will want to see.

If there is a massive price swing we'll deal with the thread as best we can. However, if at the time of the swing no one has shared a new post then it makes sense to amend the original.
magicjay198611 m ago

CDKeys is a perfect example of how often a price can change. So if we then …CDKeys is a perfect example of how often a price can change. So if we then expired a thread when there is any change we'll get so many reposts. That would be far from ideal and I know this is not something our community will want to see. If there is a massive price swing we'll deal with the thread as best we can. However, if at the time of the swing no one has shared a new post then it makes sense to amend the original.

A deals a deal price should be locked .. so what i said was kind of true, only one deal/item can be shared from such vendor if you can keep changing the price.. who ever posts the best price shares the best deal. I understand where your coming from as in cdkeys prices change alot and people may post the same product often but still .. a deals a deal.. the other op was a "mod" too which only seems to post computer games and consoles .. anyway i think its only fair that a shared deals price is locked at time of sharing wether something gets shared alot or not.
Posting deals is not a competition. It's far more useful to the viewing public to have a thread updated with the correct price, rather than multiple versions of the same thread being expired and created.

(although this should only apply to prices going down - if the price goes up any heat is not valid for the new price and could give a misleading impression of hte value to the public)
eayragt47 m ago

Posting deals is not a competition. It's far more useful to the viewing …Posting deals is not a competition. It's far more useful to the viewing public to have a thread updated with the correct price, rather than multiple versions of the same thread being expired and created.(although this should only apply to prices going down - if the price goes up any heat is not valid for the new price and could give a misleading impression of hte value to the public)

So what your saying is only one thread per a shared item and can only change price if it goes lower ? Whats the point .. its about the current/present time a deal is a set price. I know it aint a competition and i always check if a certain deal has been shared first.. (depending on wording in search bar) the deal does not show (like the one i posted) i would not post if i knew it was already on here at the price at time of posting and the original post was a month old and at a higher price. Like i said, a deals a deal at the present time and the price when posted should be locked. And as for seeing multiple threads/posts for the same item wether it be higher or lower price .. just scroll past if you are not interested just like any other post that you would not be interested in .. simple
Edited by: "teng" 30th May
teng28 m ago

So what your saying is only one thread per a shared item and can only …So what your saying is only one thread per a shared item and can only change price if it goes lower ? Whats the point .. its about the current/present time a deal is a set price. I know it aint a competition and i always check if a certain deal has been shared first.. (depending on wording in search bar) the deal does not show (like the one i posted) i would not post if i knew it was already on here at the price at time of posting and the original post was a month old and at a higher price. Like i said, a deals a deal at the present time and the price when posted should be locked. And as for seeing multiple threads/posts for the same item wether it be higher or lower price .. just scroll past if you are not interested just like any other post that you would not be interested in .. simple

Nope, not saying that at all. If someone lists it at £11.99, and it then goes down to £10.99, they can amend their title as long as no-one else posts it first.

If someone else posts it first, too late.

So if you had posted your thread before the original poster had updated the price, it would have been fine. But as they updated it first, it sticks. If they weren't allowed to update their thread then they would have just posted a new deal anyway, so othing would have really changed, apart from al the discussion on the merits of the deal would be split over multiple threads.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants