Admiral Car Insurance

Found 2nd Sep 2017
So I received a letter saying my car is due for renewal, but the price has increased, I think this is stupid seeing as I have had another year of no claims and experience and the rest I know prices go up. Just wondering if anyone who's with admiral phoned and what they said to get it reduced thanks again!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Its the same with every renewal quote , never accept it ! Typically the "Introductory discount is 20 -30% , so will outweigh your increase in NCB . Just find the cheapest on a compare site (remember to factor in any TCB/Quidco cashback that will be available ) and tell Admiral unless they can match it -Bye Bye !

Ensure you compare EVERY year , there is no benefit from being loyal , in fact just the opposite ! Compare every year (and be prepared to switch ), and home insurance too - don't be a mug and blindly accept their renewal quote . TBH I thought every one knew that by now .
13 Comments
Insurance has gone up across the board this year and for once it is all the governments fault, IPT, Ogden Rate etc, as opposed to the insurance companies just looking for higher profits.

My parents were with Admiral, their policy went up around 11% and they called and got the increase to a more reasonable 5%.
I've just had the same experience with more than. Their website wouldn't let me do a new quote as It obviously recognised my details already on their computer systems. I rang them several times but they kept fobbing me off with statistics saying all car insurance firms had put their premiums up, mine went up about 150%. I sensed absolutely no loyalty to their customers and therefore I felt no loyalty back. I renewed my car insurance with Admiral via go compare and saved about £130 in the process.
Before you ring them go on a comparison site and get other quotes, this might help you haggle but be prepared for a cold response as 'computer says no'.
Good luck
Yes that's just it, on my searches admiral and diamond don't show up anymore for some reason so only way I can get it cheaper is by ringing to be fair
Its the same with every renewal quote , never accept it ! Typically the "Introductory discount is 20 -30% , so will outweigh your increase in NCB . Just find the cheapest on a compare site (remember to factor in any TCB/Quidco cashback that will be available ) and tell Admiral unless they can match it -Bye Bye !

Ensure you compare EVERY year , there is no benefit from being loyal , in fact just the opposite ! Compare every year (and be prepared to switch ), and home insurance too - don't be a mug and blindly accept their renewal quote . TBH I thought every one knew that by now .
Manny501 h, 29 m ago

Yes that's just it, on my searches admiral and diamond don't show up …Yes that's just it, on my searches admiral and diamond don't show up anymore for some reason so only way I can get it cheaper is by ringing to be fair

I don't think Admiral ,like Direct Line are on the comparison websites . You don't have to reinsure with Admiral (unless you have had a prang ) Their are hundreds out there . Compare and save -Every year . Compare the Market , Confused .com etc are the main compare websites , TCB also have a comparison on their website .
Edited by: "rogparki" 2nd Sep 2017
They have been doing this for years just google it, not just insurance companies either, RAC, AA, they were also doing it to loyal customers.

Nearly as bad as losing your no claims if you don't drive for 2 years, bloody insurance companies
Edited by: "4Real2016" 2nd Sep 2017
Just tell them you'll be moving because you've found cheaper elsewhere, did this with Churchill yesterday, they knocked £30 off straight away I said I'm still off to aviva, as sesame price and if quidco pats I'll be £60 up
Admiral and Bell come up on moneysupermarket (well they did in July when I renewed). It was slightly cheaper on there than my renewal and they matched the new quote and more when I spoke to them in the phone
Shop around for a cheaper company, money supermarket, confused.com etc, use this quote as ammo when you phone admiral, if they don't budge, move to new company, most companies don't recognise customer loyalty anymore, and new customers get better deals, I find this across various platforms, mobile phone, broadband etc.
I had the same situation. My renewal was last april and they email me qouting £1300. I tried to qoute on supermarket and i found the cheapest which is admiral as well. I cancel my renewal and i took the online one. Booom i save £500
I had the same thing. Mine went from £209 to £690. Called Admiral and they dropped it to £297. Makes no sense how there can be such a difference.
Admiral car insurance charge you if you make changes on your policy as im sure most other companies do. £20 if you change your reg for instance and its £30 if you cancel your policy
I called and got £180 discount a few weeks ago on renewal. I do it every year I'm happy with admiral usually the cheapest for me on the comparison Sites too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants