admiral car insurance renewal

Found 23rd May 2017
My renewal quote is £300 more than last year with admiral, I have managed to get them to knock £150 off my renewal price however this is still £150 more than I paid last year. I managed to get this discount by talking to renewals, my query is: if I go through to cancellations will I get more money off because they want to keep me. I've had quotes from other providers that are around the figure I paid last year but I can't be bothered with the hassle of changing provider.

18 Comments

It's not that difficult, I'd be tempted to bump them if they tried to rip me off in such a way...

i think you will find that most insurance companies are nothing like Sky.
whereas Sky make it impossible to leave and offer you luxury holidays and new cars if you stay with them, insurance companies will let you leave and not batter an eyelid
Edited by: "lollypoplee" 23rd May 2017

Go to comparison websites like Moneysupermarket, confused, Go compare, compare the market etc. Also try Direct Line etc which comparison sites do not use. Get the best quote and ring Admiral up and see if they can match or beat. I have found that they will try and match or may offer extras like cheaper breakdown cover. Car insurance prices have gone up this year.

Renewals is where insurance companies make their money. Obviously the initial price you get for joining will be cheaper, it's in their interest to get new business. It's people like you they hope for with the "I can't be bothered with the hassle of changing provider".

The best way to get it cheaper is get a brand new quote with Diamond or Elephant (Admirals sister brands), if they are cheaper renewals will price match. This is because it's the same company, they will not match any random company though.

try a new online quote with admiral, I did, it was a lot cheaper, like lolly said new business is what they want.

I'm in the exact same position paid £350 last year only to get renewal letter for £600! Rang them up and got it down to £450 but when on comparison websites and found a few for £300. Said to them about price matching and they weren't bothered all at. As others have said it's not like sky where they want to keep you, car insurance company's don't give a monkeys! Change insurance and go with the cheapest you can!

Admiral is part of Admiral Group which coveres other companies like Elephant and Diamond.

I have been with Diamond for two years (Roughly), just a few months ago my insurance renewal came out at £2500 I managed to haggle it down to £1900 after I received that quote online. I rang again on the weekend and my call was picked up by a Canadian who managed to bring it down to £611 with two insurance claims and one year no claim. So yes it is difficult to haggle, but no harm in trying your luck a few times.

I always go through top cashback for any insurance.

what exactly is the hassle changing provider?

You say you already have quotes from other providers so all you need to do is tell admiral not to auto renew and then give new provider your bank details?

Would have thought speaking to various Admiral departments and trying to get the price down would be way more hassle than changing.

Im periodically with Admiral. Every year they try to bump my price massively, I do a compare the market and try and use one of their sister sites (e.g. Elephant) to bring the price right down. If they can't match a better deal I find, I just leave them. Then the next year they offer me a great deal. I think this is just what insurance companies do, punish those who don't look around every year and only offer good deals to new customers

I was with Admiral for years and their renewal was always £3-400 higher every year. Just use any old comparison site, and if Elephant or Bell come up cheaper, call back Admiral and tell them the price - as they're the same company, Admiral just match it. Did it for 4 consecutive years until Aviva became cheaper.

Try them through their online quote through quidco or top cashback. I do it every year better price and cashback. But if you don't want to spend a few minutes doing this then pay full price.

Just cancel and go elsewhere ..... it's not difficult to change insurance companies and Admiral are **** if you have an accident, they always try and settle as it's cheeper for them than trying to investigate.

Tesco tried the same with me this year but comparison websites brought their price down by the few hundred extra they thought they could get away with charging me for. They matched it with a phone call. Go online and compare.
Edited by: "Blevva" 23rd May 2017

they did the same to me. But at the end I got it cheaper than what I get from confused.com.

Wow, here I am paying thousands for car insurance..

Original Poster

JohnnyRoller

Renewals is where insurance companies make their money. Obviously the … Renewals is where insurance companies make their money. Obviously the initial price you get for joining will be cheaper, it's in their interest to get new business. It's people like you they hope for with the "I can't be bothered with the hassle of changing provider".The best way to get it cheaper is get a brand new quote with Diamond or Elephant (Admirals sister brands), if they are cheaper renewals will price match. This is because it's the same company, they will not match any random company though.

When I try to do a quote online with these companies it recognised that I am already s registered user due to my log in with admiral and won't let me complete a quote. Any tips on getting round this, I think it's done on my car registration as I have used a different email address

if you send in your quotes from other insurers and ask if they would be able to match as you would like to stay with them. if they can't match, then it is time to move. i tend to be wary of cheap insurers that are not big names as i worry that when it comes to claims, i will end up pulling my hair out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants