Admiral Home insurance policy

Found 26th Jan 2016
I'm due my home insurance renewal, admiral have offered me their "Gold Cover" it includes "Emergency Boiler Cover" which really tempts me, it has no excess and a £500 limit and its administered by AXA, has anyone had any experience with this?

(I'm worried they won't actually repair my boiler but rather make it safe ie remove the fuse / disconnect the water supply)
Community Updates
AskInsurance
9 Comments
Check the terms might need proof of annual services done on boiler and probably must be under a certain age like 5 years. I don't know this just seen other companies small print
they do repair the boiler it's an emergency cover to get you back up and working if it fails to work water or heating. check esure as they have this included with their policy at the moment as I have just gone with then this year.
Their car insurance is good, been with them 3 years now, now considering them for home insurance as well
Get a quote from Shelias Wheels / Esure, they have emergency cover as well and they replaced a few parts on my boiler, might be cheaper, have you also tried a new quote as renewals are usually more expensive and you can get cashback

You will definitely need an annual service, saying that they never checked with me at all when they came out just asked verbally on the phone
deanos

Get a quote from Shelias Wheels / Esure, they have emergency cover as … Get a quote from Shelias Wheels / Esure, they have emergency cover as well and they replaced a few parts on my boiler, might be cheaper, have you also tried a new quote as renewals are usually more expensive and you can get cashbackYou will definitely need an annual service, saying that they never checked with me at all when they came out just asked verbally on the phone

+1 Although nothing in the terms saying you need an annual service

Sheilas wheels the cheapest for me too and had two plumbers out over the last three years for heating repairs at zero cost to me. . Emergency cover is an extra £4.99 a year. My premiums haven't gone up in the 5 years i have been with them (£145 a year for unlimited buildings, £35k contents, legal and home emergency breakdown cover)

Edited by: "chocci" 27th Jan 2016
Bal00chi

nothing in the terms say anything about annual service, this implies that … nothing in the terms say anything about annual service, this implies that i need not do one,.

exactly - SW just sent a plumber around within the hour when my heating packed up twice. The repair & replacement part would have cost me £200+ each time. I have only had my boiler serviced once in 10 years. The guy turned up and spent 10 minutes with a wire brush which seemed to do nothing, took a flue test, charged me £70 and was out the door oO
Edited by: "chocci" 27th Jan 2016

sheilaswheels.com/wcm…pdf

Page 49

3.You must maintain your Home and all domestic equipment in good … 3.You must maintain your Home and all domestic equipment in good condition and carry out or arrange forregular inspections and preventative maintenance to the fabric and structure, and take all reasonable steps toavoid or minimise any claim

A boiler should be inspected every year, so that is there get out, never had a problem like others but it is there
deanos

http://www.sheilaswheels.com/wcm/groups/public/documents/webcontent/sw_home_policy_booklet.pdfPage 49A boiler should be inspected every year, so that is there get out, never had a problem like others but it is there

only fabric & structure need regular inspections. A conventional boiler can be in good condtion for years without any need for an inspection (just a way for plumbers to make dosh every year for 10 minutes work if you ask me).

From admiral policy

g.With regards to boilers, any foreseeable breakdown caused by negligence … g.With regards to boilers, any foreseeable breakdown caused by negligence or improper maintenance as judged by our authorised contractor]

An annual service is pretty standard for a boiler as its mentioned in the instruction booklets, so that would be there get out, now they might be like Sheilas Wheels and never ask to see the document, i have never shown it to them

Page 10,
admiral.com/pol…pdf
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants