Groups

Adobe Flash Player

I'm no software expert, but i've been having the odd Flash Player issue with certain sites.

When i bring up Task Manager it shows two entries for Adobe Flash Player 16.0 r0 (32 bit).

One of the entries is active and constantly changing, and the other just sits at 4Mb Memory usage and never changes.

Is this normal?
    I have Windows 8.1, and using Firefox.

6 Comments

Perfectly normal.

I believe there is a 'resident' version and a 'browser' extension/add-on too. I have both on my system. I only used to have the 'browser' version and it functioned perfectly fine. Then; by accident; I downloaded the resident version too - never been a problem either.

Chromium is the only browser with flash built in. I installed on the kids accounts to play games but I use Firefox. Firefox don't support flash anymore from what I can see. I use both Windows and Linux so just install Chromium browser as the easy option

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies, that's one more thing to cross off the 'possible cause' list!!

wayners

Chromium is the only browser with flash built in. I installed on the kids … Chromium is the only browser with flash built in. I installed on the kids accounts to play games but I use Firefox. Firefox don't support flash anymore from what I can see. I use both Windows and Linux so just install Chromium browser as the easy option

Flash works fine with Firefox. Their x64 nightly has flash built in.

I never spent much time as I read Firefox and flash had parted company and many posts on forums with folks struggling to get flash to work with Firefox. I gave up quickly and installed chromium. Will look into it again. Thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused33
      2. After a good deal for new work shirts!33
      3. Virgin Media phone/TV/internet contract cancelation33
      4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?46

See more discussions