Groups

adobe flash reader wont install

Banned
    i been at this for 2 hours and it wont chuffin install it says it has but it aint, And now every time i load a page it comes up with do you want to allow software such as Activex controls and plugs ins, and now it is seriously doing my head in

34 Comments

You got Vista? When the yellow bar apperas at the top right click and allow the ActiveX Control to load and it should work? Or right click and click Allow this Page....Something along them lines!!! :thumbsup:

what browser are you in?

you should allow the activeX/plugins cos that IS the flash reader

Original Poster Banned

no i have wndows, i have done all that and it says its installed it, but it hasnt

that things comes up every time i try to post, why is it doing it now, it has neve done it before - aaarrrgggghhh

sassie;2379850

no i have wndows, i have done all that and it says its installed it, but … no i have wndows, i have done all that and it says its installed it, but it hasntthat things comes up every time i try to post, why is it doing it now, it has neve done it before - aaarrrgggghhh

What site is it? You may have to go to IE options and add the site as trusted one?

Original Poster Banned

nerner;2379857

Install this?http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

thats what im trying to bloody do, again it says it has installed but it hadsnt:x

Whoo moody lol

What broswer? Windows XP or Vista? What site you trying?

give more information!

Banned

Virus .... lol nah dunno m8,strange!

Original Poster Banned

right obviously im not coming across to well, when i went to try and do a survey today it said my adobe needed the newer version, so i tried to install it, it said it had installed, but clearly hadnt, i have uninstalled the old version and tried again, again it says it has installed but it hasnt, now every time i try and post here it comes up with the the pop up box to say "do you want to allow software such as Activex controls and plugs ins" so i still havent got adobe installed and to add to the frustration i now get ths bleedin box up

sassie;2379850

no i have wndows, i have done all that and it says its installed it, but … no i have wndows, i have done all that and it says its installed it, but it hasntthat things comes up every time i try to post, why is it doing it now, it has neve done it before - aaarrrgggghhh

I thought vista was windows....:giggle:

http://z.about.com/d/windows/1/0/7/5/-/-/vista_logo.jpg

Original Poster Banned

is it because im in IE6, really dont ike IE7

same happens with me on firefox - xp

Original Poster Banned

ok im stressed i meant to say windows xp

Give us he link to the website your trying..

Get ]FIREFOX!

sassie;2379905

ok im stressed i meant to say windows xp

i thinks its an adobe thing - a bloomin pain!

Original Poster Banned

the one in post 5

You downloaded the program.. Closed your Internet Explorer (IE6) and then run the software you just downloaded from the adobe website right?

Original Poster Banned

nerner;2379945

You downloaded the program.. Closed your Internet Explorer (IE6) and then … You downloaded the program.. Closed your Internet Explorer (IE6) and then run the software you just downloaded from the adobe website right?

yes:thumbsup: well no, because whn it says it has downlaoded, it aint there to run

Have a read through this sassie,

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

kb.adobe.com/sel…d=2

sassie;2379950

yes:thumbsup: well no, because whn it says it has downlaoded, it aint … yes:thumbsup: well no, because whn it says it has downlaoded, it aint there to run

So you don't even have the installer? That might be your problem there

Right click - "Save Target As" on the "Agree and Install Now" and save to your desktop

adobe.com/sho…SIE

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;2379952

Have a read through this sassie,Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player … Have a read through this sassie,Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windowshttp://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=2

shall i just do "Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_9_ActiveX.zip." as i have done all the rest:oops:

Original Poster Banned

nerner;2379966

So you don't even have the installer? That might be your problem there … So you don't even have the installer? That might be your problem there :)Right click - "Save Target As" on the "Agree and Install Now" and save to your desktophttp://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Win32&P3_Browser=MSIE

sorry cant resize as i need adobe 9 to resize, aaarrrgggg
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/sassie-sassie/adobe1.jpg

I have it.. Sent me a PM wth your email and ill will try to send you it

Original Poster Banned

sigma;2380050

Sassie, just click on this Adobe Test link & see if the animation plays … Sassie, just click on this Adobe Test link & see if the animation plays as you go to the page & if not what message you get > ]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ ;-)This link should tell you what version is currently actually installed > ]http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1

it says installation complete, but no animation and no error messages

I dont have any version installed as already said

sassie;2379998

shall i just do "Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_9_ActiveX.zip." … shall i just do "Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_9_ActiveX.zip." as i have done all the rest:oops:

Sorry for the delay, I was away from the computer.

Try Sigma's links first to see what happens

Edit, you've already done it, what version do you have?

I read your pm and I have no idea whats wrong

Since you have no Flash install why not try the Flash 10 Beta
    Download from labs.adobe.com/dow…tml

Look at bottom for the ActiveX Control for Windows and Plugin for Windows

Original Poster Banned

the link you sent me has put a install flash player on my desktop, yeah is that right, i have unzipped that to my desltop but still nothing

do you think i should take my computer back to an earleir date before i started messing about, i know that wont help but may put something right, women and comps eh

Well I have no idea now, I've just tried it on an old machine with IE6 and it's installed with no problems

Original Poster Banned

in my task bar now there is a little icon that says shockwave updater, that wasnt there before

sassie;2380252

in my task bar now there is a little icon that says shockwave updater, … in my task bar now there is a little icon that says shockwave updater, that wasnt there before

Should be resolved as shockwave is the flash player

Having another read through the documentation, apparently you need another program to uninstall a older Flash Player before you can install a newer one.:x

]Link

Give that a try before installing

Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers, you can … Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers, you can now remove the player only by using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. To remove Flash Player, simply download and run the appropriate uninstaller for your system using the steps below.

Enhancements, all they have done is make it harder:x:x

God I hate Adobe almost as much a Microsoft

Original Poster Banned

well another hour later and its finally installed, the onl thing i did different was to let it add th google tool bar, all the other times i didnt allow that, errrr makes ya think

Anyway a massive [SIZE="6"]THANKS[/SIZE] guys xxxxxxxx

sassie;2380639

well another hour later and its finally installed, the onl thing i did … well another hour later and its finally installed, the onl thing i did different was to let it add th google tool bar, all the other times i didnt allow that, errrr makes ya thinkAnyway a massive [SIZE=6]THANKS[/SIZE] guys xxxxxxxx

I'm glad it's finally working, well done sass :thumbsup::-D

Original Poster Banned

all that to do a survey for £1-50, £1-50 more for the xmas fund:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1631
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions