Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop?

5 replies
Found 16th Jun
Any print designers here?
Does anyone know which software of the above would be better for designing a few leaflets and business cards in cmyk so that i can order from an online printing company?
Just to add, i have had previous experience in print design amd know all about cmyk printing processes etc, it's just that i have'nt done anything for a number of years and was just wondering which software would be best.
Many thanks.

5 Comments

Without more info, I'm assuming you'd be saving out as a PDF so it doesn't matter what you use, illustrator is better for vector, PS better for photos etc

I use Photoshop CS6 to design for my companies leaflets, email designs, business cards etc.... then send over PDF or JPG in CKMY to the printing company....done

Original Poster

Fangface74

Without more info, I'm assuming you'd be saving out as a PDF so it … Without more info, I'm assuming you'd be saving out as a PDF so it doesn't matter what you use, illustrator is better for vector, PS better for photos etc

Thanks for your speedy reply.
Yes, i'll just be designing a few leaflets and business cards in cmyk for ordering from an online printing company,
which will be saved and sent as PDF's, i did'nt know if one was better than the other for fonts and graphic layouts etc?

Illustrator all the way. SVG's might be better than PDF too.

Adobe InDesign for simple leaflets/posters. Easy to make templates too if you're making plenty of similar jobs too...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769506
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming1322
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993254
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522877

See more discussions