Found 10th Jul 2008
Does anyone know of a cheaper way of getting adobe photoshop £105 seems rather expensive!

21 Comments

£105 is a bargain.

isnt that a student price for a very good piece of legit software? the usual RRP is £550+

if you dont need the full capabilities of CS3 why dont you go for Photoshop Elements £70, sometimes given free when you purchase a scanner ...

]photoshop elements is only £70, no where near as powerful as the full program but its fine for most basic things. You can also get a 30 day free trial of the full version of photoshop from the adobe website, failing that you're going to have to stump up the cash if you specifically want photoshop! Theres a free alternative called ]GIMP which many people swear by.

:pirate:

Does anyone know of a cheaper way of getting adobe photoshop £105 seems … Does anyone know of a cheaper way of getting adobe photoshop £105 seems rather expensive!

only from the usual :pirate:[ places

ding;2494511

:pirate: only from the usual :pirate:[ places

Like the bay then lol :thumbsup:

I'm sure I heard that there was a free version online...

gemz700;2494772

Probably be quite limited and on a time limit.

I'd take the £105 one and be bloody happy

gemz700;2494772

you mean ]photoshop express?

Its an in-browser VERY stripped down version, good for really simple tasks and a bit of a technical showcase, but its no subsitute

Original Poster

Think i was getting a bit ahead of myself, saw some work that someone had done and thought i'd like to try that. I will be prob be better off trying a simple version first. Thanks for all the advice.

GIMP is free and just as good,if not better! Check it out :thumbsup:

chrishill;2494821

you mean ]photoshop express?Its an in-browser VERY stripped down version, … you mean ]photoshop express?Its an in-browser VERY stripped down version, good for really simple tasks and a bit of a technical showcase, but its no subsitute

yeah that must be the one i'm thinking of - i was aware of it but had never used it.

I guess the photo could be sent to someone with photoshop +photoshop abilities and they could doctor it for you..

If you just want photoshop elements 6 you can get it under £50.00 with a web search in google

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but there's another great site which has links to Free Software....

moneysavingexpert.com/sho…are

Please could someone let me know if I shouldn't advertise other sites and I won't do it again.

rehydrated;2496589

yeah I have used that aswell a very good alternative :thumbsup:

rehydrated;2496589

I really hate the phrase "is really good, if not better". Things either are better (at the very least, they're better in specific ways), or they're just not. I also hate the way that the phrase is nearly always used as weasle-words for trying to promote something that, in reality, isn't any good. And The Gimp is as rubbish as its name.

ding;2494511

:pirate: only from the usual :pirate:[ places

:whistling:

If your using it for personal use then i would just get it Arrgghhh :pirate: I'm sure adobe know what they are doing, if they really wanted to make it more complicated to pirate then they would.

If your using it commercially then obviously pay.

kregan;2737332

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but there's another great site … I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but there's another great site which has links to Free Software....http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-office-softwarePlease could someone let me know if I shouldn't advertise other sites and I won't do it again.

You're only advertising it if you work for them. Do you?

1&1 hosting are currently offering a home package for £5 per month where they send you adobe photoshop and other pieces of software. You are locked into a 2 year contract however they have an offer where you get 1 year free. Which means you get 1 years of free hosting plus one .co.uk domain free and pay £60 for another year hosting but get adobe photoshop free! I thought it was pretty good, here's the link incase you are interested, ]Here.

Not to mention the huge amount that quidco offers for 1&1 hosting packages too!

SAVE4IT;2738191

1&1 hosting are currently offering a home package for £5 per month where … 1&1 hosting are currently offering a home package for £5 per month where they send you adobe photoshop and other pieces of software. You are locked into a 2 year contract however they have an offer where you get 1 year free. Which means you get 1 years of free hosting plus one .co.uk domain free and pay £60 for another year hosting but get adobe photoshop free! I thought it was pretty good, here's the link incase you are interested, ]Here.Not to mention the huge amount that quidco offers for 1&1 hosting packages too!

It looks like a good deal however the Photoshop on offer is not the full photoshop, it is the cut down elements software which is £50 on amazon. (Photoshop Cs3 is £550 on amazon)

Titchimp;2738393

It looks like a good deal however the Photoshop on offer is not the full … It looks like a good deal however the Photoshop on offer is not the full photoshop, it is the cut down elements software which is £50 on amazon. (Photoshop Cs3 is £550 on amazon)

hmm... Yeah thanks for pointing that out, didn't notice :roll: I just thought it was worth the post
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89
    2. Google maps on Plusnet46
    3. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    4. spam regarding paypal33

See more discussions