Adoption baby shower present ideas

Found 7th Mar
We are delighted to have found out my cousin is adopting a 2 year old boy, after years of trying for children and miscarriages.

We’ll be holding a baby shower-esqe for the new mum to be. He’s coming from a lovely foster family with lots of clothes and toys already. Does anyone have any unusual present ideas for toddler or mum?

I’m childless with no experience/interactions with toddlers - any ideas I’d greatly appreciate
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
A memory book would be a nice idea, something similar to this maybe.

33397929-eIQbS.jpg
4 Comments
A memory book would be a nice idea, something similar to this maybe.

33397929-eIQbS.jpg
A memory book is a lovely idea for all the family to use.

For when he is older you could get a memory box. I bought one (I think it was from Boots or WHsmith - it was a long time ago as he's 19 now). When he was 5 or so he wrote a note to "his older self", filled the box with bits and pieces and the front was sealed in a plaster of paris type substance with his handprint. He opened it when he was 18 and it was just amazing. His note made us all cry and it was lovely to see his first mate at school is still his best mate.

Other things which you might like, lovely quality photo frame, Royal Mint presentation coins for the year of birth/year of adoption, personalised story book with toddler's name in, newspaper for the day of adoption (particularly personal if there is an insert in the announcements section).
Aw those are all lovely suggestions thank you
What fantastic news for them! How about a voucher for a photo session for your cousin and her son.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants