Groups

ADSL router setup.............(PLUSNET)

So i dont want to use the router plusnet supplied.

I have my own adsl router. Whenever i try to set it up, it shows on my laptop as a wireless connection but wont let me connect.

Is there anything i need to do to set this up? first time ive had adsl in 10 years.

6 Comments

Have you entered the ADSL login name & password into the the routers configuration web page?

stab it with a screwdriver

check security settings, take all security off, then work upwards from wep

Original Poster

nick1austin

Have you entered the ADSL login name & password into the the routers … Have you entered the ADSL login name & password into the the routers configuration web page?

Yes i did, there was a drop down box on setup and i chose plusnet. Ive tried my username without the @plusnet.net at the end, ive also tried the full username with the @plus..ect on the end. Tried WEP tried WPA tried no security tried everything. Just wont connect.

Ive also tried a netgear router and a tp link. No joy on either. Is plusnet setup so you cant use other routers?

No connectivity even with hard wired to the routers.
    Edited by: "J4GG4" 16th Jun 2011

p!shnet are the worst...........that obviously doesn't help but i just hate seeing any threads that have anything to do with the robbing bandits

Original Poster

hamza123

p!shnet are the worst...........that obviously doesn't help but i just … p!shnet are the worst...........that obviously doesn't help but i just hate seeing any threads that have anything to do with the robbing bandits

Been good for me so far. 11.99 per month just for the phone line. Broadband is free. Go online on ps3 about 4 times per week. No lag, no drop outs, no lost connection. Running at a whooping 1.5mb! lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions