Groups

Advance train ticket availability

How far in advance do they become available?
    I'm looking to go from Weston-Super-Mare to Rugby on Friday the 5th and there are no advance tickets available on the sites.

10 Comments

the 5th June?

If so they would definately be available by now

They're definitely available now, you can buy 3 months in advance if you want, so it's all good.

Just make sure you buy at least a week in advance, as the price increases after that.

Original Poster

+ rep for both of you

There aren't any advance singles available:/ i swear there used to be!
    at the moment its costing me £32 return (with a rail card)... anyone know how do get it any cheaper?

prices have gone up a lot recently,it also depends on the time of travel..off peak is a lot lot cheaper

Book during offpeak hours and [url]www.nationalexpress.com[/url] is currently offering a 10% discount and checkout the times, as you can get it a lot less by going a little earlier or later than planned. :thumbsup:

EDIT: They also show off all the times, rather than 5 different train times at a time, which does take long to scroll through the pages, so it's a lot more convenient to checkout.

try ]thetrainline.com. they are usually cheaper

Have just done the journey you want, at 12:00 with a 16-25 railcard (not sure what one you have) and got £29.05

Original Poster

Well im looking at going midday friday and returning evening sunday, so both offpeak times
    Thanks for that National express link. there were cheaper ticket prices but i can be flexible with my return times but not that flexible!

Original Poster

TWIGGY4LIFE 666;5330736

try ]thetrainline.com. they are usually cheaperHave just done the journey … try ]thetrainline.com. they are usually cheaperHave just done the journey you want, at 12:00 with a 16-25 railcard (not sure what one you have) and got £29.05

Thanks for that Have some rep

Jetpac;5330791

Thanks for that Have some rep

i should've mentioned that is for a single ticket.

Original Poster

TWIGGY4LIFE 666;5330807

i should've mentioned that is for a single ticket.

Damn, yea, just spotted that! i guess it will have to be £33 then!

If only i dint have to go through Birmingham i could have tried to blag it. Recently went Weston-Pompey and back again for £5 ad the only time i saw a ticket bloke was at Bath Spa on the way back!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1012
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764405
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1532
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1735

See more discussions