Groups
    EXPIRED

Advent 8112 Small Laptop or Similar

Looking at getting the Advent 8112 best price i have found is £449 at pcworld. Anyone know a cheaper price or a website which also sells them so i can price match and get the 10% off at pcworld?

Either that or anyone suggest a similar laptop around £400 which has a small screen 12"

need one before christmas!

thanks

5 Comments

Advent is the Dixons Group own brand, you will only find them in PC World, Dixons, Currys, etc. Also they are pants, steer well clear they break all the time.

13" is much more common than 12" would you be ok with an extra inch? If so and you want cheap and small get a Dell, if you want top end and small get a Sony Vaio or a MacBook, if you want something in the middle then Asus do some nice smaller laptops.

Hope that helps

Banned

im using an 8112 at the moment, its great. ive had 3 different advents in the past 5 years and not one has broken (as opposed to a sharp and toshiba which broke very quckly on me). i got it from currys with a 5% off code i found on here so i got it for 427. unfortunately the voucher has expired. also i would advise putting another 1GB ram in as it shows big improvement on vista

megalomaniac

Advent is the Dixons Group own brand, you will only find them in PC … Advent is the Dixons Group own brand, you will only find them in PC World, Dixons, Currys, etc. Also they are pants, steer well clear they break all the time.Hope that helps

bang on mate! im on one now ive had to send it back to PC World about 7 times now, never again will i have one.

steer clear these are rebranded and c**p

Original Poster

i have to admit i have heard of reliability issues with them

so can anyone recommmend one less than £400ish with a 12"-13" screen - i need an ultra portable laptop!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer45
      2. Parcel Hero weight adjustment33
      3. iPhone charging cable.916
      4. Wifi extender1115

See more discussions