Groups

advent laptop help

Trying to reformat my niece's advent laptop, can't find the recovery disks but i phoned the tech guys once and he gave me really simple instructions on how to factory reset without the discs but now i forget. Not in a position to call at the minute so does anyone know how?

i seem to remember pressing something on bootup then typing something and it was all auto from there. Cheers in advance.

6 Comments

Restart your computer. Then Press F10 repeatedly until the message "Starting System Recovery" is displayed.

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;8111543

Restart your computer. Then Press F10 repeatedly until the message … Restart your computer. Then Press F10 repeatedly until the message "Starting System Recovery" is displayed.

cheers, i actually got that far, but what do i type then? there's no GUI its just like a dos screen, pretty sure i need to type something. Thanks in advance.

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;8111537

It'll be one of the F keys (F1, F2, F12, etc)some info which might be … It'll be one of the F keys (F1, F2, F12, etc)some info which might be useful:http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/t9.htm (scroll to bottom)http://support.thetechguys.com//recoverymedia/

already found them cheers, wasnt too lazy, did have a look before asking on here, rep left for the effort mate.

Follow the link to your laptop and it should be there
    support.thetechguys.com/lay…spx?ID={b30ec085-b1fd-4d43-92b2-3c092f5710e2}&CatID={994684ee-11c8-417b-8eb8-ac6a26367e10}

Original Poster

its ok got it sorted guys, it was actually F8, alls good now. Cheers for all the help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86144
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions