Groups

Advent Netbook

Banned
    Does anyone have one and are they any good? Dont know the brand very much but saw a cheap one at curry's which seems to have a big hard drive, but I am not sure if they are any good.

3 Comments

I've had an Advent desktop before and it was an absolute workhorse - I loved it. I don't know specifically about their netbooks though.

Strangely enough I have been tasked with fixing a faulty ERT2250 that keeps crashing, googling this problem would put me off ever buying from Dixons group. There are literally hundreds of threads about the same problem from around 3 years ago which the Dixons group completely washed their hands of even though it is blatantly obvious there was a design fault.
    Reading the reports of the handling of these cases I would never go near this group when purchasing a laptop.

Maybe look at alternative sellers just in case it does go wrong if possible.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 10th Aug 2010

Haha - my daughter informs me that the laptop I bought her two years ago is an Advent 9515. That was a very cheap refurb and has always worked fine, even with very heavy use - only maintenance it has had is some dust removal and new thermal paste a couple of months ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2485
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1017
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416151

See more discussions