Advice

Found 11th Aug
What are the best skincarw and makeup brands for dry sensitive spot prone skin?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
"fresh air on your face". - as opposed to "muck".

if you have sensitive skin then why put chemicals on it ???
Ban_Anas4 m ago

"fresh air on your face". - as opposed to "muck".if you have sensitive …"fresh air on your face". - as opposed to "muck".if you have sensitive skin then why put chemicals on it ???

I don't think that was the 'high & mighty' advice OP was looking for
I like aldis range of skincare, there charcoal miscellar water is brilliant, cleared my skin up quite quickly. Revolution make up is good too, I used to wear loads of make up (because of bad skin) but now I only wear a little bit of the revolution concealer if I need it if not i only use boots' seventeen light matt powder (seventeen on offer at boots online at mo). Skin seems loads better now! hope this helps you :-)
Have a look on QVC you can try products for 30 days, using them and return if you don't get the results you wanted.

Elemis and Tarte and IT cosmetics are great. Some products will be age dependent. Time bomb is also good and Judith Williams

You can also look to join a Facebook beauty group and they should be able to advise you better.
Edited by: "Dawsy" 11th Aug
Liz earle face wash is a life changer and has multiple awards too. It's actually the only wash I can use anything else sets my skin off.
Bareminerals (brand) make up.same comment as above really.
You might have already tried this but a very common error and a simple one is water. Most of us don't drink enough. Most models when asked about Thier number one tip, said drink plenty of water
Use a flannel on your face to really get rid of the dirt. Kate Middleton - Duchess of Cambridge uses one and I have to say, since i started using one, i have noticed a difference with my blackheads and skin cleanliness.

For skincare, go and get a few samples and try them as you don't know what suits you and what doesn't just from reading reviews. I tried Philosophy In A Jar and was put off by the vile smell. I find Liz Earle too much of a faff too. Are you after high maintenance or low maintenance?

If you can, buy some small pots and pop into the body shop and ask for some samples. They are happy to decant a couple of days supply into them. Their vit e cream is nice. Or they may just give you a couple of small pots themselves if you ask nicely. I use their tree tree face wash and body wash or dove.

It also depends on your budget. Have a google of top 10 cleansers, etc and see which brands come up most often. Cetaphil seems to have a good rep.

Makeup wise - same advice but it's more what shades suit you. Don't be afraid of going up to the beauty counters and asking for advice and asking them to recommend stuff or try stuff on you. I have make up from various brands from doing this as I don't think one brand can fill every need unless you are a brand junkie. Heck....I still have some Rimmel Heather Shimmer!!! Poundland is good for cheap brand makeup like rimmel, maybelline. Not the best of colours unless you like garish green nail varnish or orange lipstick but you might strike lucky and find a shade you want to try. If you have spot prone skin, stay away from heavy creams and foundations.
pink_elephant11th Aug

I like aldis range of skincare, there charcoal miscellar water is …I like aldis range of skincare, there charcoal miscellar water is brilliant, cleared my skin up quite quickly. Revolution make up is good too, I used to wear loads of make up (because of bad skin) but now I only wear a little bit of the revolution concealer if I need it if not i only use boots' seventeen light matt powder (seventeen on offer at boots online at mo). Skin seems loads better now! hope this helps you :-)

Where do you purchase the Revolution brand from?
Irishgal1414th Aug

Where do you purchase the Revolution brand from?

Superdrug. Their concealer is good. Little bit pricey for me but I don't mind if it's good.
Vichy nutrilogie 2 is very good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions