advice about CCTV device

Posted 24th Jul
Hi all
We rented a new office , and saw this CCTV device.
anyone know how to setup it or its application ?
many thanks

3511735-f9Wv1.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Its an alarm, not a cctv.
Google for instructions - many of these are useless without the code. Is there a sticker showing who installed it?
20 Comments
Its an alarm, not a cctv.
Google for instructions - many of these are useless without the code. Is there a sticker showing who installed it?
If you've rented the office, then the landlord would surely have explained the alarm system??? If not, contact them for details.
You will need the code from the landlord or you won’t be able to do anything with it.
RIP it out and get a new one.
Why not
Phsycronix24/07/2020 11:21

In a rented office???

In my experience its most likely to have been installed by a previous tenant rather than the landlord.
Phsycronix24/07/2020 11:21

In a rented office???

these days things are messy
don`t trust your mama
mas9924/07/2020 11:31

In my experience its most likely to have been installed by a previous …In my experience its most likely to have been installed by a previous tenant rather than the landlord.

In that case, they shouldn't have - not without the Landlord's permission. Why is it some think they can do whatever they like with someone else's property?

It's like my new neighbours. I know the covenants to these properties but; week or two in; they are drilling and hammering like crazy. It sounds like they are remodelling! Thought they were coming through into mine the other night!
Phsycronix24/07/2020 11:37

In that case, they shouldn't have - not without the Landlord's permission. …In that case, they shouldn't have - not without the Landlord's permission. Why is it some think they can do whatever they like with someone else's property?It's like my new neighbours. I know the covenants to these properties but; week or two in; they are drilling and hammering like crazy. It sounds like they are remodelling! Thought they were coming through into mine the other night!

Commercial is very different to residential. Its expected that a business will make various (non-structural) alterations. Theres usually a clause in the lease about the condition and making good at the end of lease, but stuff like installing alarms is very common.
mas9924/07/2020 12:35

Commercial is very different to residential. Its expected that a …Commercial is very different to residential. Its expected that a business will make various (non-structural) alterations. Theres usually a clause in the lease about the condition and making good at the end of lease, but stuff like installing alarms is very common.

Correct. And having been in a commercial property (which incidentally had a 'full maintenance' clause) we still had to inform the landlord of any installation. As you say, it's entirely based upon the contract but I would at least expect the tenant to tell me if they wished to install an alarm system. Not just go ahead with gay abandon...
Looks like an Optima XM where the engineer code is / was a very unimaginative 9999.
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 14:13

Looks like an Optima XM where the engineer code is / was a very …Looks like an Optima XM where the engineer code is / was a very unimaginative 9999.

Don't think it's an XM Andy. XM's had the raised keypad.

41480084-tbTpG.jpg
Could be a Mk7 panel though. Not sure. There's probably a plate inside the door - if you had a key that is!
Phsycronix24/07/2020 15:00

Don't think it's an XM Andy. XM's had the raised keypad.[Image] Could be a …Don't think it's an XM Andy. XM's had the raised keypad.[Image] Could be a Mk7 panel though. Not sure. There's probably a plate inside the door - if you had a key that is!

Apologies, when I suggested XM I was recklessly not wearing an anorak.
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 15:08

Apologies, when I suggested XM I was recklessly not wearing an anorak.

Well, I know you like to point out inconsistencies...
Phsycronix24/07/2020 15:09

Well, I know you like to point out inconsistencies...

There is an anorak-disclaiming caveat of "looks like" rather than "is".
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 15:13

There is an anorak-disclaiming caveat of "looks like" rather than "is".

Well, with anorak donned, the one and only thing I can find on a Mk7

I hope you agree - it 'looks' like a very similar one, eh?
Phsycronix24/07/2020 15:16

Well, with anorak donned, the one and only thing I can find on a …Well, with anorak donned, the one and only thing I can find on a Mk7[Video] I hope you agree - it 'looks' like a very similar one, eh?

Unsurprisingly not looked at the vid, but for benefit of OP: is the eng code still 9999?
AndyRoyd24/07/2020 15:18

Unsurprisingly not looked at the vid, but for benefit of OP: is the eng …Unsurprisingly not looked at the vid, but for benefit of OP: is the eng code still 9999?

Could bang that in and find out I guess? If I were the OP though, I'd just be contacting the landlord. It's the obvious next step. They will either know, or if not they will know previous tenant who can perhaps advise.

I don't know if ours was identical but it looked just like the one in the OP's pic (and the vid) but much to my dismay - our code was (yep, you've guessed it) 1234. I know, seriously, right?
Phsycronix24/07/2020 15:25

Could bang that in and find out I guess? If I were the OP though, I'd just …Could bang that in and find out I guess? If I were the OP though, I'd just be contacting the landlord. It's the obvious next step. They will either know, or if not they will know previous tenant who can perhaps advise.I don't know if ours was identical but it looked just like the one in the OP's pic (and the vid) but much to my dismay - our code was (yep, you've guessed it) 1234. I know, seriously, right?

1234 is close enough to what I believe was the default user code of 0123.
Obvsly the eng code is far more useful to facilitate setting / changing codes / functions.
Post a comment
@
    Text