Advice about gaming pc

Found 4th Mar
hi guys

should i sell my gpu (r9 280x) and put the money agaisnt an Xbox one s as well as the psu? i kinda don't game on my pc anymore, it just seems like I've lost interest.. i mean the passion is there but i just don't game as much as i use to. even if i have free time i just rather watch YouTube videos than play a game on my pc
i did play on consoles a lot when i was younger, i guess having friends who play with you makes it better.
most of my colleagues at work have an xbox so it would make sense.

i use to be a geek when it came to gaming on my pc but like most other things i really don't have the appetite for it anymore, have other people felt the same way?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
18 Comments
Yeah me too i used to play Unreal Tournament a lot and World Of Tanks but I am thinking about an X-box too but can I really justify the cost when I have so many other things to do I dont really think i will use it that much and the price of the games is horrendous especially when you have a pc and utorrent lol

I used to write games for the Bbc micro and CBM64 in the 80's for US Gold and Superior Software so i became less of a gamer strangely but when World Of Tanks came along it re-ignited my thirst for a blast but I dont seem to be getting any better or higher up the ladder so its kinda worn me out!

Personally I would ditch the idea - get yourself a metal detector like I did and get out inthe fresh air down the coast looking for all manner of metallic treasures - Just back from Germany last year found an Iron cross and loads of hitler youth badges but not the Amber room or Nazi gold i was hoping for.

In other words less time in front of a square box and more time in the fresh air - its the reason people are getting diabetes type Ii, ocd's and all manner of other ailments - Exercise dude its cheap ie free and wont do your nut in when you cant get to level 7 after practicing for months lol
I don’t understand why people watch so much trash on you tube. Go out and do some sport or exercise. You tube is full of lame people that wanna be famous.

Realistically your looking at getting £60-100 minus your selling and PayPal fees on eBay if you don’t get scammed, if you think it’s worth it go ahead. I wouldn’t bother, consoles are lame, games are expensive and too restricted.
Original Poster
OmendataII9 m ago

Yeah me too i used to play Unreal Tournament a lot and World Of Tanks but …Yeah me too i used to play Unreal Tournament a lot and World Of Tanks but I am thinking about an X-box too but can I really justify the cost when I have so many other things to do I dont really think i will use it that much and the price of the games is horrendous especially when you have a pc and utorrent lolI used to write games for the Bbc micro and CBM64 in the 80's for US Gold and Superior Software so i became less of a gamer strangely but when World Of Tanks came along it re-ignited my thirst for a blast but I dont seem to be getting any better or higher up the ladder so its kinda worn me out!Personally I would ditch the idea - get yourself a metal detector like I did and get out inthe fresh air down the coast looking for all manner of metallic treasures - Just back from Germany last year found an Iron cross and loads of hitler youth badges but not the Amber room or Nazi gold i was hoping for.In other words less time in front of a square box and more time in the fresh air - its the reason people are getting diabetes type Ii, ocd's and all manner of other ailments - Exercise dude its cheap ie free and wont do your nut in when you cant get to level 7 after practicing for months lol

I keep telling myself to do precisely that, I pay for a gym membership but haven't once used it i just feel that I don't have the time but I find the time to sit there and do nothing. I really should be more active tho so I will definitively take your advice onboard about walking.. not sure how much fresh air I'll get given that I live next to a very busy road.

I just think these days there are so many entertainment options; smart phones, tv, android box, cinema etc so much to do and explore. I'm kinda probably going to sell my gaming pc and buy an xbox just for occasional gaming and see how things go from there.. planning to head to the gym tonight but walking there rather than taking my car
Original Poster
cmdr_elito10 m ago

I don’t understand why people watch so much trash on you tube. Go out and d …I don’t understand why people watch so much trash on you tube. Go out and do some sport or exercise. You tube is full of lame people that wanna be famous.Realistically your looking at getting £60-100 minus your selling and PayPal fees on eBay if you don’t get scammed, if you think it’s worth it go ahead. I wouldn’t bother, consoles are lame, games are expensive and too restricted.

I know.. I'd probably get 250 quid at most for my whole pc
ehsan1112 m ago

I know.. I'd probably get 250 quid at most for my whole pc

Yep. Do you not need the pc for work or anything else?
I went outside once, the graphics weren't that good
I used to be a bodybuilder myself - I got into it early when I was a kid.
Once you get to the gym and after about 4 weeks you will find you actually get addicted to the adrenalin and will have the want to go to the gym - its very hard to motivate yourself to go there when you are sedentary so I understand and feel your pain!

I went over the top though and started going 5 sometimes 7 times a week which was madness now I look at it but at the age of 50 now I have a sixpack and am fitter than all the baldy, pot bellied old guys my age with their nagging wives making their lives a misery I see when I am out so it has actually done my health (mental and physical) a lot of good and probably extended my life by 10 years or so as well as keeping illness and things like arthritis away. I used to go to Rezerection and Dance Europe , Ibiza manumission and Extasis etc well until I was in my forties - I still listen to hardcore techno and trance - most people think i am a mad old geezer - The only thing that makes me look older is my grey hair lol

Seriously I am not kidding but I did do it for 20 years - Its hard especially when you come back tired from a hard day at work on an overcrowded public transport but you need to push yourself and go beyond your limits.
Sadly our couch potato society now would rather do what you are saying and sit in front of a square box thrashing away madly on their JOY-stick and think that is exercise lol
Edited by: "OmendataII" 4th Mar
PC gaming ruined my life.... Its not so bad, I have two left after this one.....
Original Poster
cmdr_elito16 m ago

Yep. Do you not need the pc for work or anything else?

I have a surface pro for work, might just sell the whole pc
Original Poster
kester7612 m ago

I went outside once, the graphics weren't that good

4k vision
Original Poster
mrty4 m ago

PC gaming ruined my life.... Its not so bad, I have two left after this …PC gaming ruined my life.... Its not so bad, I have two left after this one.....

So does my cat
Original Poster
OmendataII13 m ago

I used to be a bodybuilder myself - I got into it early when I was a …I used to be a bodybuilder myself - I got into it early when I was a kid.Once you get to the gym and after about 4 weeks you will find you actually get addicted to the adrenalin and will have the want to go to the gym - its very hard to motivate yourself to go there when you are sedentary so I understand and feel your pain!I went over the top though and started going 5 sometimes 7 times a week which was madness now I look at it but at the age of 50 now I have a sixpack and am fitter than all the baldy, pot bellied old guys my age with their nagging wives making their lives a misery I see when I am out so it has actually done my health (mental and physical) a lot of good and probably extended my life by 10 years or so as well as keeping illness and things like arthritis away. I used to go to Rezerection and Dance Europe , Ibiza manumission and Extasis etc well until I was in my forties - I still listen to hardcore techno and trance - most people think i am a mad old geezer - The only thing that makes me look older is my grey hair lolSeriously I am not kidding but I did do it for 20 years - Its hard especially when you come back tired from a hard day at work on an overcrowded public transport but you need to push yourself and go beyond your limits.Sadly our couch potato society now would rather do what you are saying and sit in front of a square box thrashing away madly on their JOY-stick and think that is exercise lol

I'm just a bit shy so planning on going at 10pm on Sunday just to check the gym out should be quite enough I hope.. i just keep giving myself reasons not to go but quickly running out of them
... i lost 15kg 3 years ago by religiously going to the gym and laying off sugar then I started working in an office and became sedentary and bam.. i piled it all back on
I take it you are a bit rotund? - dont worry about it all the serious guys in the gym are only concerned about working out hard.
Just go in with the motto of "I Dont give a **** one day i will be buff" and keep saying it.

The tossers are the ones who fling weights around madly trying to impress the ladees and havent a clue - the ones with the bags full of supplements and protein shakes - ALL utter tossbags believe me!

I used to spend £100's a month on supplements until I met my buddy and we both researched and ended up just buying 25 kilo bags of whey protein from baking company for £15 and it lasted months - All these nobs buying maximuscle and Andro pills etc dont realise that these things are for serious dudes who workout 5 times a week with split routines and really punishing routines like the 300 method that they used to prepare for the movie - all of those expensive supplements just get pished out as your system will onyl use what it needs and if you arent pushing the limits its a complete waste of money.

Personally and i know the other bodybuilders in the gym felt the same , when we saw really fat people working out really hard and actually making the effort they got TOP respect from all of us - the glamour boys and girls are all tossbags who want people to look at them so much so we deliberately didnt look (well unless they were 101% hot then they got a couple of looks lol)

Contrary to popular belief the gym isnt a place to pickup women - would you want some red sweaty veins bulging guy trying to chat you up in the gym if you were a ladee - hmmm methinks not lol
Edited by moderator: "potty mouth" 4th Mar
I've given up on both of gaming and console gaming, and wow what w turn around my life has taken, I now look better with all the early nights and exercise I get. Sell up and get fit OP I now am my own duke nukem
I wouldn't bother with the Xbox, it's not going to give you anything you don't currently have. If you think a more social gaming might interest you with work colleges then there are several cross-play titles around at the moment.

You need to find a new interest. Going back to an old one in the gym may or may not work but I would start experimenting with things more generally. You just need to keep trying stuff until something clicks.
Original Poster
machomansavage6 h, 6 m ago

I've given up on both of gaming and console gaming, and wow what w turn …I've given up on both of gaming and console gaming, and wow what w turn around my life has taken, I now look better with all the early nights and exercise I get. Sell up and get fit OP I now am my own duke nukem

Amen.to that
Original Poster
OmendataII6 h, 56 m ago

I take it you are a bit rotund? - dont worry about it all the serious guys …I take it you are a bit rotund? - dont worry about it all the serious guys in the gym are only concerned about working out hard.Just go in with the motto of "I Dont give a **** one day i will be buff" and keep saying it.The tossers are the ones who fling weights around madly trying to impress the ladees and havent a clue - the ones with the bags full of supplements and protein shakes - ALL utter tossbags believe me!I used to spend £100's a month on supplements until I met my buddy and we both researched and ended up just buying 25 kilo bags of whey protein from baking company for £15 and it lasted months - All these nobs buying maximuscle and Andro pills etc dont realise that these things are for serious dudes who workout 5 times a week with split routines and really punishing routines like the 300 method that they used to prepare for the movie - all of those expensive supplements just get pished out as your system will onyl use what it needs and if you arent pushing the limits its a complete waste of money.Personally and i know the other bodybuilders in the gym felt the same , when we saw really fat people working out really hard and actually making the effort they got TOP respect from all of us - the glamour boys and girls are all tossbags who want people to look at them so much so we deliberately didnt look (well unless they were 101% hot then they got a couple of looks lol)Contrary to popular belief the gym isnt a place to pickup women - would you want some red sweaty veins bulging guy trying to chat you up in the gym if you were a ladee - hmmm methinks not lol

Thanks for the wise words, I did go to the gym today and I feel all the better for it
You wont tomorrow when your bones are aching and sore but after a coupla weeks your body will acclimatise!
Well done anyway!
You have made the first step young Jedi...Every journey starts with that one step!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions