Advice.... Decent BMX bike for 15yr old. Less than £200

Found 20th Nov 2011
Hi All

After getting my Son a BMX for Christmas. A decent(ish) one, as he wants to learn tricks etc...
Eldest Son had Mongoose when he was younger, but any ideas on other decent makes??
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Bike
  3. BMX
you really need to get to your local bike shop

£200 won't buy a lot though, unless you perhaps choose last years model or maybe second hand - these types of bikes need to be strong so sometimes false economy trying to get a cheaper model which may just fall to bits or is too heavy to do anything with.
Diamondback great customer support. I broke one of their budget frames down some steps. They sent me their flag ship frame of that year. Still got it but I wouldn't sell for less than £500
According to my son...
1. We the People
2. Haro
3. Mongoose
4. Fit
5. Diamondback
6. Hoffmann

You probably wont get these sub £200 brand new, but I can't see why you can't get a good one from ebay within that price bracket.
Have you tried mafia bikes? Seem popular at the moment
well i was shocked when i went to evans told him i was after an 18 inch wheel diamondback or mongoos as they were the dogs when i was young but he says the are lower end now told united republic were the best but at 300 quid for a 7 yr old. if ya boy wants a to do stunts then he will need a good one
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants