Advice: Do factory Unlocked iPhone 3gs work on 3 (three)?

4 replies
Found 6th Feb 2010
My mate has asked me to try and get hold of an iphone 3gs for him. He needs it on the 3 network. I've tried his 3 sim card on a jailbroken 3gs,and it works, but it's a tethered jailbreak so when you turn the phone off you have to re-jailbkreak it using blackra1n for it to get pass the connect to itunes screen which is a bit of a pain.

Was just wondering if anyone knew whether a factory unlocked one or one unlocked by o2 themselves would work on 3?

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks

3 Comments

Any factory unlocked or blacksn0wed 3GS will work with any network (as will any unlocked 3G) Try and source an older version (pre Week 40 manufacture) to avoid the tethered jailbreak, it is a real pain!

Original Poster

voyager7;7766521

Any factory unlocked or blacksn0wed 3GS will work with any network (as … Any factory unlocked or blacksn0wed 3GS will work with any network (as will any unlocked 3G) Try and source an older version (pre Week 40 manufacture) to avoid the tethered jailbreak, it is a real pain!

How do you know what the manufacturing week is?! Also, if 3gs were released in june 2009, that means they haven't been out for 40 weeks??! Unless you means a pre week 40 3g?

Looking specifically for a 3gs.

Yes they do bud
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions