Found 21st Jan
we are going amsterdam on Monday and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of places to go? restaurants or bars that aren't majorly overpriced? we already booked for heineken museum and glow golf. maybe any places to avoid?
thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. Amsterdam
17 Comments

Yep, coffee shops.

I haven't been for about 5/6 years but the cheapest places to eat if in central Amsterdam are based around Leidseplein. Plenty of different restaurants that tend do to tourist set menu deals. If you do culture this is always the Ridjksmuseum. If you fancy a short train ride from central Amsterdam you could always go for a wander around Haarlem or Leiden. When visiting the Heineken Experience it's worth wandering down to the street market a couple of hundred yards plenty of fresh produce. Have fun!

The church in the attic ( opsolder.nl/en ) is really interesting. Anne Frank house as well, though it tends to get very busy (even though you have to book a time ahead of time), so it's better to go early.

book the clinic for when you return.

Some prices go cheap around 4 in the morning

My friends all suggest visiting The Bulldog

Blue Light

Great all you can eat sushi! Just google it.
Go grey area
Everything is overpriced.

Take a river cruise
Walk around the red district area in the evening. Certainly an eye opener but obviously dont go into the booths X)

Banana bar.

I found the bols tour surprisingly good

whatever your preference a walk around Amsterdam centre will open your eyes! be it drinking, smoking, ladies of the night or just soaking up the atmosphere it truly is gorgeous! some of the most haphazard architecture plus canals and everything you could wish for ! the Dutch are wonderful people, laid back and welcoming. On a budget then steer of the heart of the city as you would with any other city... embrace the chilled out way of life!! things happen but at no rush x

I remember it was great for clothes shopping as well. Really great city.

Ohh I'm going on Tuesday. See you there

Also if you are into diamonds, you can also go into the diamond center there.

me my friends going on 8th april and coming back on 10th april this year. its cheaper to get flights from luton, but can anyone give us some advice where to look for bargain and hotels please?

djgilbo

me my friends going on 8th april and coming back on 10th april this year. … me my friends going on 8th april and coming back on 10th april this year. its cheaper to get flights from luton, but can anyone give us some advice whe[quote=djgilbo]me my friends going on 8th april and coming back on 10th april this year. its cheaper to get flights from luton, but can anyone give us some advice where to look for bargain and hotels please?

Try airbnb. Good choice when travelling with friends.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    2. Computer upgrades67
    3. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77
    4. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?89

See more discussions