Groups

advice for dead cat

hi ive just found my cat dead, we have a shared yard and i just noticed him at the bottom looking lifeless, i think someones run him over and just put him there, as its a shared yard its concrete so i have nowhere to bury him, do vets charge to take dead animals as i dont know what to do.

26 Comments

Really sorry to hear that, I remember something similar happening to me and it was horrible.

Our vets dispose of the bodies for free, or alternatively you may have a pet cemetery near by?

Sorry to hear about your cat. Just give the vets a call and ask if they charge.

Vets do take animals for cremation, They might make a charge, I dont know how much. To put my parrot to sleep was £20. Then I had to take him with me to bury.

I am so sorry for your loss,The same thing happen to me too and my vet sorted everything out for me phone your local vets,they didnt charge either so sad some people can be very cruel.

I think the local council remove them but probably will not do it until Monday .You could try phoning the emergency number for them and see what they say they may move it today if they think it could be a health hazzrd to your children(if you have any) and other animals etc .

Chaos

I am so sorry to hear that, really. Hope you sort something out.

Original Poster

thanks for the advice i wil get my partner to ring the local vets, its such a shame he was a lovely cat, i know it was probably an accident but he just suddenly appeared at the bottom of the yard and i shook his biscuits and food but he didnt move and the way he was lying i could tell he was tell.

:whistling:Dustbin

notts6501;7829676

:whistling:Dustbin

:shock: buried my cat a few months ago, he was 18 years old thou, lived a long happy life :-D

Banned

Go find a woods and bury your cat under a tree, the tree can then feed off the nutrients your cat supplies, then you can go back to that tree to say hi to your cat

Make sure it's about 3 feet to stop scavengers digging your poor cat up.

they shouldnt charge,
    nothing stopping u from using the dustbin,thats bascilly what they do anyway
    do that thing when they chuck them in the sea:thumbsup:

Really sorry to hear about your cat. Is there a PDSA near you that you could ring? They may have some more constructive advice than some of the contributors on here.

lumoruk;7829875

Go find a woods and bury your cat under a tree, the tree can then feed … Go find a woods and bury your cat under a tree, the tree can then feed off the nutrients your cat supplies, then you can go back to that tree to say hi to your cat Make sure it's about 3 feet to stop scavengers digging your poor cat up.

I'd probably do something along those lines if I couldn't bury them in the back garden. Didn't discuss the vet disposing of the body for the last pet although I'd assume it's going to vary across different vet practices anyway.

John

lumoruk;7829875

Go find a woods and bury your cat under a tree, the tree can then feed … Go find a woods and bury your cat under a tree, the tree can then feed off the nutrients your cat supplies, then you can go back to that tree to say hi to your cat Make sure it's about 3 feet to stop scavengers digging your poor cat up.

Don't let anyone see you though, might create a bit of a weird situation.

If it's simple disposal rather than burial and mourning you are after, double wrap in a black sack and throw it in the bin. It won't smell as the weather is too cold.

Banned

Sorry to hear that this has happened

so sorry to hear of your cat..

Do you pay rates?Then bin liner --bin,best not to put it in recycle bin though

Oh and indians dont eat cats, i think you will find the local chinese and thai takeaways would dispose of it for you.

pedroman;7829595

Vets do take animals for cremation, They might make a charge, I dont know … Vets do take animals for cremation, They might make a charge, I dont know how much. To put my parrot to sleep was £20. Then I had to take him with me to bury.

youtube.com/wat…218

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. Sending you a big hug.:friends:

•If you choose to bury your pet's body in your garden, then you should check with your local authority that they have no objections, since deceased pets are classed as clinical waste. The body will have to be buried at least 1.25 m deep and should be well away from ponds, streams, wells, underground pipes and cables. Remember not to bury your pet in a plastic sheet or bag, as this will prevent the natural decaying process. Instead, bury your pet in a towel or his favourite blanket. Home burial is one of the cheapest and most personal ways of disposing of your pets body, as you have to perform the task yourself. Seeing your dog's grave every day can help you to accept your pet's death more quickly, but may be quite upsetting at first. However, with time, it can be a real comfort to feel that he is close by

Original Poster

im going to bury him in my partners parents garden, i rang my local vets but they wanted £30, i hope my other cats ok.

Banned

This farm lets you bury pets on their land:-

Howarths Farm, Watling St, Affetside, Bury, Lancashire BL8 3QR

Tel: 01204 882817

sorry to hear that, i just buried one of my guinea pigs

pink-ka;7831001

im going to bury him in my partners parents garden, i rang my local vets … im going to bury him in my partners parents garden, i rang my local vets but they wanted £30, i hope my other cats ok.

There's no right answer and it's not something anyone wants to think about before they need to but this sounds like a good way to handle it especially as it sounds like a really distressing way to lose your cat. I knew for months my dog's days were numbered and it was still hard to lose him and had no idea what to do with his body - it would have been horrible just to find him dead unexpectedly so I really feel for you.

John

micoo;7831034

sorry to hear that, i just buried one of my guinea pigs

Pics or ya lying....

Banned

I overheard my vets on the phone the other day and for cremating a dog and scattering the ashes in the garden of rest, with a plaque it was £62. May be less where you live though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions