Expired

advice for moving

Found 19th Feb
if i move out a partents house, . can there Chuck out your stuff straight away, is there a grace period. the house is council
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Yes, they can chuck your stuff straight away. It is down to you to find somewhere to store your stuff, not your parents, partner or the councils responsibility. If you are being evicted, you might be able to return to the house within 14 days to collect your things but that will be at the discretion of the bailiff and landlord.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 19th Feb
I take it its not amicable - But just attempt to keep it amicable -ish until you and your possessions are clear . No point in making a fraught situation worse .
Parents or partners? From your post it could be either. No, they cannot just throw your stuff out, they have a responsibility to keep it in good condition, to give you reasonable time to remove it. But what's reasonable to you may be unreasonable to them. If, for example, they give you 7 days then dispose of your stuff, that would be reasonable in most peoples eyes.

If they just destroy your stuff, that would be criminal damage. Try and keep it amicable is the best advice.
Edited by: "mrty" 19th Feb
Always great to see good info/advice on hukd.... Yes, they can chuck your stuff straight away....No, they cannot just throw your stuff out
When I split up with my ex he left all of his crap here. He messed me about twice on days we arranged for him to get his stuff. Finally he turned up after 3 weeks and took most of the stuff (only after I reminded him his passport was here and I was ready to just chuck it). He left a quad bike in my front garden that he didn’t take or arrange removal. So I sold it and kept the money (I told him I would if he didn’t take it)
it's just cab says nope there can't as it legal binding or something why someone else saying yes there can, of course it won't be kept there forever but why wont be move straight away, but it's just in case there have a Mardy and throw it away, there are ya stood legaly
It is they not there
Literally: people can chuck whatever they choose at any time. Will be up to the owner of the chucked items to decide if it's worth contemplating action against the chucker. Which is a polite way of saying: possibly not a good idea to leave goods exposed to chucking, regardless of any legal implications, cos summat might get chucked regardless. Door; horse; bolted.
What is a partents house?
jonmarz898 h, 53 m ago

it's just cab says nope there can't as it legal binding or something why …it's just cab says nope there can't as it legal binding or something why someone else saying yes there can, of course it won't be kept there forever but why wont be move straight away, but it's just in case there have a Mardy and throw it away, there are ya stood legaly

How about proof reading what you write before posting? Saves ambiguity.
Maybe speak to your parents and negotiate that you will leave soon and collect your stuff at a later agreed date once your sorted, might be a good opportunity in the meantime to sort your stuff out and decide what you really need and what you can get shot of.

Good luck.
Yes they can as they are your parents. They are either bad parents or you are a bad son/daughter to have resulted in this state.
mutley18 h, 46 m ago

Yes they can as they are your parents. They are either bad parents or you …Yes they can as they are your parents. They are either bad parents or you are a bad son/daughter to have resulted in this state.

OP isn't moving out anyway. Just asking for someone else I guess.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions