Advice for office/gaming chair

Posted 8th Jan
I spend quite a long time playing games/working at my desk and I have decided it is time to get a chair that offers some back and posture support.
I have had a look online but there is so much choice I find it hard to sift through and was wondering if anyone could help.
I mostly play console games but would also use the chair at a desk.
I don't really mind if its a gaming or office chair I just want the comfort, support and ideally the ability to use the chair without the arms.
I am about 155cm tall.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Can you claim it back on taxes? (as office equipment).
That will affect what you may wish to spend.

If "YES" ..then to me it is a polished aluminium Herman miller Aeron chair
otherwise the fully plastic one, however they usually get rid of their show models cheaply, which is when I leapt at mine the other year.

My other chair for computing is (for more than 10 years) an Ero-S chair, good for sciatic nerve pain & back, but you'll look at it & think i'm daft.

We have both, both are excellent.

the herman is better in the summer for a cooler back in a heatwave as it gives good airflow.
Mr_Gus08/01/2020 14:48

Can you claim it back on taxes? (as office equipment).That will affect …Can you claim it back on taxes? (as office equipment).That will affect what you may wish to spend.If "YES" ..then to me it is a polished aluminium Herman miller Aeron chair otherwise the fully plastic one, however they usually get rid of their show models cheaply, which is when I leapt at mine the other year.My other chair for computing is (for more than 10 years) an Ero-S chair, good for sciatic nerve pain & back, but you'll look at it & think i'm daft.We have both, both are excellent.the herman is better in the summer for a cooler back in a heatwave as it gives good airflow.

I cannot claim it back on taxes. Thanks for the suggestions I have been looking at Herman miller where did you get yours, was it direct from them?
The Ero-S does look odd I would have to try one out first.
Lewis's in the sale. (Aeron)

Ero-s look for them on ebay (with rubber seals intact).
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 8th Jan
Have a look at the IKEA Markus chair.
Haircut_10008/01/2020 17:31

Have a look at the IKEA Markus chair.

Why Crap compared to Steelcase, Humanscale, HM etc.
I've got a Humanscale Liberty chair and it is incredibly comfortable. You can get them for about £600 new if you shop around though I picked mine up for about £150 on Ebay second hand. I've had it about 5 years now and use it daily and it's just beginning to show signs of wear.
powerbrick08/01/2020 19:32

Why Crap compared to Steelcase, Humanscale, HM etc.

Thank you for your input. I’ve got an IKEA Markus chair, picked one up on Gumtree for about £30 and I've been using it as both a gaming chair and an everyday desktop chair for the past seven years or so without any complaints at all. I've never felt that need to buy anther chair since, so maybe you may not like it but it's been fine for me.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 8th Jan
RChew6908/01/2020 19:46

I've got a Humanscale Liberty chair and it is incredibly comfortable. You …I've got a Humanscale Liberty chair and it is incredibly comfortable. You can get them for about £600 new if you shop around though I picked mine up for about £150 on Ebay second hand. I've had it about 5 years now and use it daily and it's just beginning to show signs of wear.

I like the look of the humanscale chairs as they are already set up in the correct position and they seem quite a bit cheaper than herman miller chairs. There are a few varients I guess you have only tried the Liberty?
rowan13108/01/2020 21:18

I like the look of the humanscale chairs as they are already set up in the …I like the look of the humanscale chairs as they are already set up in the correct position and they seem quite a bit cheaper than herman miller chairs. There are a few varients I guess you have only tried the Liberty?

I went to John Lewis and tried a few but I can't recall what the others were, I'm afraid. If you've got a John Lewis shop nearby, it might be worth a visit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions