Groups

Advice for parking fine

I'll keep this brief, i'm not lucky when it comes to parking, the slightest mistake and i get caught for it.

this time, i was on my way to my university department but was refused entrance to the university car park by the security as "they were an extremely busy car park" and i had to be a permit holder. annoying. so i looked around and all the roads within a close proximity had either no parking spaces, or resident only spaces.
    i decided to park on the resident space as i was in a hurry and my task would only take half an hour.

I come back 3/4 hour later, i have a £30 fine.

I rang up, asked about my fine, and they told me that my fixed pentalty notice thing hadn't gone through their computers yet (or something like that, nothing showed up on the womans screen).

I asked that a photograph of my vehicle be sent and she said because it was issued by the police and not a traffic warden there may not be one.

can i get out of this fine? i feel it is unfair to charge £30 for 3/4 on a road that was empty and caused no nuisance to anyone.

i also have a parking permit for the same "area". a road a mile or so away ( i drove as i was in a hurry)

21 Comments

so you parked where you was not mean too and got fined, and you think its unfair.

El oh el.

Banned

tinkerbell28;4673644

You parked where you needed a residents permit, and now you have a fine, … You parked where you needed a residents permit, and now you have a fine, and don't see why you should pay it? Pay up and take responsibility for where you park in future.:thumbsup:

lol you tell him...

My sentiments exactly!!

Original Poster

if you're not going to be of any help don't bother posting

Don't mean to sound harsh but the above (tinkerbell28) is totally right.
    It's not the end of the world :friends: hugs

lol you go to uni, this country is going down hill if peeps like you are running it in the future .

brb moving to china.

aww sorry to hear u got fined so quickly and that ur a student with a fine...uh oh....

nowt u can do about it im afraid but u have my sympathies.

If you cant do the time , dont do the crime.

Original Poster

magicbeans;4673684

aww sorry to hear u got fined so quickly and that ur a student with a … aww sorry to hear u got fined so quickly and that ur a student with a fine...uh oh....nowt u can do about it im afraid but u have my sympathies.

nevermind, thanks for your comment, pasta for another week it is

morales;4673701

nevermind, thanks for your comment, pasta for another week it is

awwww.... ignore the insensitive comments here...some ppl get their kicks by kicking others while they're down...so lame.

i can sympathise that it was a one off and u had to get to uni so u parked in the wrong place.....its not like ur out 24-7 looking to rob ppl.... anyways enjoy ur pasta x

You took the gamble - I'm afraid you have to pay!

I've had fines too - sometimes you have to grin and bare it!

It's like saying, I parked on a double yellow line and it wasn't bothering anyone. Regardless, you parked illegally and need to pay the fine. They don't need photographic evidence.

Just pay the fine before it doubles...

At the end of the day you parked somewhere you shouldn't, how would you feel if you came home and found someone parked in your allocated space, I bet you've be darn angry!

You parked illegally so you basically don't have a leg to stand on, best just to cough up and pay.

students with cars, lol, irresponsible parking, the fact is you probably got shopped by a resident on the road that's what usually happens, I can;t blame them it must be annoying as hell not being be able to park outside your house for reasons such as this

SImple answer is no, you can't get out of it (and nor should you), although as it was only 3/4 of an hour you do have my sympathies

Am I missing the point.....you got a £30 parking fine and you're complaining??? :? :?

Whereabouts did you park? The cheapest parking fine I've had is £60 and the most expensive was £150.
    If I only had to pay £30 for parking somewhere I shouldn't be I would be over the moon lol.

A £30 parking fine calls for a celebration not a complaint :lol:

Don't pay it ... maybe it'll go away.

I parked where a sign was unclear, I was dropping something off at my place of work, I was less than 10minutes...I got a fine. I was gutted but they wouldn't have it that the sign was unclear, I had to pay up and the signs have now been changed!!! Typical!

it wont harm to write to them and explain, you never know you may get off, explain you were late to hand something in, didnt see the residents permit etc, worth a try - good luck

lol @ the abusive pm you sent me

black gerbil1;4675371

lol @ the abusive pm you sent me

Go on , name and shame. What did he/she send you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22