Found 19th Jun 2010
My Zanussi tumble drier seems on it's last legs.............(it is 24 years old, never had to even replace a part on it). Anyone got WHICH magazine's best buy info please ? (technology might have moved on in all those years).

Might contact Zanussi and tell them, they might give me discount...! Do they still exist, who own them now

18 Comments

nah technology exact same as it was 24 years ago lol

I dont bother with the which mag, my grandfather swears by it and apparently it says Dyson's are not good. Which is complete and utter ******** !!!

Just check out some reviews online and get the better price !! Things these days wont last as long as ur old dryer anyway!!

Thats incredible - 24yrs!!! My tumble drier is 11yrs old, but dont use it that much - but couldnt be without it either come winter time!

Why not just buy another Zanussi? Its served you well all these years

Original Poster

kaks26;8875408

Why not just buy another Zanussi? Its served you well all these years

Nope. No point in brand loyalty these days.

My first washing machine was an AEG, had it for 18yrs, so I bought another one. Lasted 2 yrs. Got a partial refund though. In the end bought cheapest washer and put a 5yr warranty on it.

iglimpse;8875521

Nope. No point in brand loyalty these days. My first washing machine … Nope. No point in brand loyalty these days. My first washing machine was an AEG, had it for 18yrs, so I bought another one. Lasted 2 yrs. Got a partial refund though. In the end bought cheapest washer and put a 5yr warranty on it.

Personally this is the best thing to do, the warranty is going to be cheaper than buying a top notch machine. PS Sorry for swearing in the earlier post loll

Go for a condenser

Original Poster

makershaker;8875760

Go for a condenser

Why

...and then what do I do about the hole in my wall :?

iglimpse;8876324

Why...and then what do I do about the hole in my wall :?

Stick your head in it :thumbsup:

LOL your tumble drier is 3 years older than me hahahah

Original Poster

makershaker;8876485

Stick your head in it :thumbsup:

your rear end would fit it better :-D

My best advice for tumble driers is......

Never let anyone buy you who has a new born baby or a washing machine with a broken spin cycle.:thinking:

Plum;8877043

My best advice for tumble driers is......Never let anyone buy you who has … My best advice for tumble driers is......Never let anyone buy you who has a new born baby or a washing machine with a broken spin cycle.:thinking:

erm do you really make any sense....................

Original Poster

Plum;8877043

My best advice for tumble driers is......Never let anyone buy you who has … My best advice for tumble driers is......Never let anyone buy you who has a new born baby or a washing machine with a broken spin cycle.:thinking:

:?:?;-);-)......post natal ?

Banned

Plum;8877043

yep, im not understanding this either, and im sure im sober (unlike most of the others here :whistling: )

jubbyme;8880178

yep, im not understanding this either, and im sure im sober (unlike most … yep, im not understanding this either, and im sure im sober (unlike most of the others here :whistling: )

Sorry just read the title and thought op wanted advice to give to young tumble driers starting out in life. :oops:

Banned

Plum;8881283

Sorry just read the title and thought op wanted advice to give to young … Sorry just read the title and thought op wanted advice to give to young tumble driers starting out in life. :oops:

now i get it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Plum;8881283

Sorry just read the title and thought op wanted advice to give to young … Sorry just read the title and thought op wanted advice to give to young tumble driers starting out in life. :oops:

Good advice. Could start a trend, we could give names to all our white goods. If only I had known we were going to become such good friends...most other white goods just flit in and out of our lives :whistling::-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Spotify family22
    2. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    3. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    4. Urgent help needed with travel agent56

See more discussions