Groups

Advice from you PC system builders out there...

Just need a bit of advice on components I have chosen to upgrade my system.

The following is what i'm looking at getting, can't see any issues but would someone be kind enough to glance over for any compatibility issues I may have missed.

Will post next reply so hyperlinks work:

5 Comments

If you're going DDR2 get ]this board. I'd get an X4 955 for ~£10 more which is AM3, compatible with DDR3 AM3 boards etc. in the future as the X4 940 is AM2+.

Original Poster

emasu;7428031

If you're going DDR2 get ]this board. I'd get an X4 955 for ~£10 more … If you're going DDR2 get ]this board. I'd get an X4 955 for ~£10 more which is AM3, compatible with DDR3 AM3 boards etc. in the future as the X4 940 is AM2+.

I think thats the board I was originally looking at. Is DDR3 not more expensive though? need to check again, sure thats why I switched to DDR2.

Will check out what you have said though.

Do you know if what I have listed is looking compatible though in case I stick with it?

Richierea;7428093

Do you know if what I have listed is looking compatible though in case I … Do you know if what I have listed is looking compatible though in case I stick with it?

It should all work together. You can pick up ]3GB DDR3 for £42.99 that should work fine. You could add another 1GB later if you wanted. Then get a board like ]this.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice both of you, will look into that. Rep given.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991056
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1116
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions