Groups

advice how cheap and easy it it to repair a xbox 360 rrod?

hi people ive got a 360 which is my bros but thinkng is it best to repair? if so
    what is the cheapest place to get the tools?
    is it 100%
    how easy is it?
    any other cost?

i no there loads of videos etc but which is the best and simple one?
    when its fixed would it get the 3 ring again?

3 Comments

Not too difficult- lots of guides on google Video ]here. Will get a kit of ebay for less than for about £3. Doesnt always work though.

If you haven't broken the seal, send it to MS for repair RROD has a 3 year warranty, that's always the best option.

However, I repair Xbox 360's on a daily basis and for RROD, I use a small flathead screw driver, 2 torx screwdrivers, heat gun, cleaning fluid and thermal paste. You can buy packs which contain this for about a fiver on well known auction sites.

This isn't a permanent fix but if done correctly should see be OK for at least another 6 months depending on how well you vent your Xbox (the only reason the GPU fails is because of heat). A good place to start is llamma.com/ for a guide.

flyingflea;7954247

If you haven't broken the seal, send it to MS for repair RROD has a 3 … If you haven't broken the seal, send it to MS for repair RROD has a 3 year warranty, that's always the best option.However, I repair Xbox 360's on a daily basis and for RROD, I use a small flathead screw driver, 2 torx screwdrivers, heat gun, cleaning fluid and thermal paste. You can buy packs which contain this for about a fiver on well known auction sites.This isn't a permanent fix but if done correctly should see be OK for at least another 6 months depending on how well you vent your Xbox (the only reason the GPU fails is because of heat). A good place to start is http://www.llamma.com/ for a guide.

This.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44
      3. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost517
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?66

See more discussions