Groups

Advice - How Much Would This Sell For...

How much would this laptop sell for?

Processor: Intel Pentium DualCore @ 1.87GHz
    RAM: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
    HDD: 160GB @ 5,400RPM
    Graphics: ATi Mobility Radeon X1100
    OS: None Installed (could install Windows 7 Trial or XP Home)

It was purchased Late 2008, and has obvious wear marks on the mouse buttons.

14 Comments

£175ish

I sold mine for £250

Hp entertainment laptop

1.7 dual core
    2gb ram
    nvidia 7400
    120gb harddrive
    15.4" screen

Original Poster

Cheers guys, really appreciate it Do you know a price without the OS?

Banned

why no os?

should be around £200/230 quids

I'd say something along the lines of £200ish

Yeh 200ish, but it also depends on the manufacturer of the laptop and condition. Mine was mint and got 250.

Original Poster

casparwhite;7619976

why no os?should be around £200/230 quids

The reason for no OS is because I've lost the reboot disc, but still have the drivers disc. The manufacturer is Asus, and it's an F5 Entertainment laptop.

Banned

AdzyUK;7620002

The reason for no OS is because I've lost the reboot disc, but still have … The reason for no OS is because I've lost the reboot disc, but still have the drivers disc. The manufacturer is Asus, and it's an F5 Entertainment laptop.

does it have the os license on the bottom, which os did it have?

Original Poster

I'm sure it does, I hardly move it around as it's connected via VGA to my TV, used as a like small form desktop

Banned

well have a look on the underside of the lappy then.....

also have you tried holding down or keep clicking f9 on boot up?

Original Poster

Ah yes it does have a license sticker underneath, all be it damaged slightly from ware and tare. It's licensed for Windows Vista Home Premium..

Banned

well if you cant get into the recovery partition using F9..... then try this vista recovery disc download and burn it using magic iso as a bootable image from here......had to do this before for mates laptop

neosmart.net/blo…ad/

let me know how you get on

Original Poster

It's no use to me. I have Windows 7 running on it right now, but when I formatted the HDD I wiped the Vista Recovery Partition, and the disc got damaged/lost in a clean-up of my room.

Banned

should have just done an upgrade....no need to do a clean install as it just creates problems if you dont know what u are doing:)

now you need to download an oem version of vista home premium and install it or just sell it explaining thats what youve done.....its still got the license but may reduce what youd get if it was already installed

should be able to get it no probs tho
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2838
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523454
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …235745
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions