Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice - JD Bug - Birthday Present

My 8 year old son has asked for a black JD Bug pro for his birthday present in a few weeks.

Some of the info on this states it is for kids to teens and some states it is for age 14 plus. Does anyone have one or have kids with one and can you tell me what i should be buying?

I am very confused!!! Thanks x

3 Comments

I'd say if you would let them have a normal scooter, and he is big enough for it then I am sure he would be fine.
    Obviously your the parent who needs to decide if its safe or not for him though, maybe try and view one in a store?

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;8518542

I'd say if you would let them have a normal scooter, and he is big enough … I'd say if you would let them have a normal scooter, and he is big enough for it then I am sure he would be fine.Obviously your the parent who needs to decide if its safe or not for him though, maybe try and view one in a store?

He has had cheap scooters since he was about 5 and I have no probs in him using one plus he wears a helmet in the scooter park - I just wanted to get him the next stage up (aparently he needs some "street cred"!!!) - just have no idea if there is a reason they are for older kids. Do you have one?

d-j mitch;8518584

He has had cheap scooters since he was about 5 and I have no probs in him … He has had cheap scooters since he was about 5 and I have no probs in him using one plus he wears a helmet in the scooter park - I just wanted to get him the next stage up (aparently he needs some "street cred"!!!) - just have no idea if there is a reason they are for older kids. Do you have one?

Afraid not, I do remember when I was younger when these scooters became a bit of rage and my little brother loved them. I admit I had one for a while but I was about 12/13.
    I dont know much about them, but it seems to me this JD Bug is just a better built one, bit like having nike trainers instead of Shoe Zone trainers!

So unless it is considerably bigger then his older ones I cant see a problem.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31154
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      4. Did you know?2951

See more discussions