Groups

Advice - Logitech E1000 WebCam

OK i bought this after seeing it posted here and WHSmiths delvered very quickly.

I have installed it all and all works fine except I can't get any sound when i record a video? I haven't tried connecting to anything/anyone yet so I'd assume there would be no sound coming from me.

When i click on the Audio settings, I can hear the test sound and i have this set to come out of my PC Speakers.

The Webcam came with a single earpiece cum microphone and I have only inserted the Microphone jack in the socket at the back of my PC.

On the Audio settings I get some options and I think this is where I am going wring:

Communications Microphone
    1) Front Mic (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
    2) Line In (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) - I have selected this one
    3) Rear Mic (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)

Communications Speakers
    1) Speakers (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) - I have selected this one
    2) Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
    3) Digital Ouput Device SPDIF (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)

Media Speaker Device
    1) Speakers (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) - I have selected this one
    2) Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
    3) Digital Ouput Device SPDIF (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)

So i'm using my PC speakers but to talk I will be using the single earpiece cum microphone to speak into.

So how can I get to record a video with my voice being recorded as well??

Any advice greatly appreciated please! Rep given!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2599
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764427
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good11

See more discussions