Groups

Advice needed

right try not to laugh . . . . . . .

Tuesday my OH was run over (laughs) now hes not badly hurt lots of cuts and bruises sprains etc, He was cycling home from work and a crazy lady (not proven) decided to turn into a junction and knock him down.

His problem now is that he has no transport to get to work when he goes back, he gave up his car to save money and get fit and his bike is in a much worse state than he is. The police are coming back on saturady to check up on him take more info from him etc, but how do we go about claiming for a new bike???

any info will be greatly appreaciated!!! :-)

oh and it was her fault and she has admitted it so far!

19 Comments

Presumably the new bike will come from her insurance wont it?

kill her and steal her money

well i guess you just make a claim through her insurance? ask the police for advice...or citizens advice.

Original Poster

Ritchie 2;2846139

Presumably the new bike will come from her insurance wont it?

We dont know any of her details :thinking:

Original Poster

grex9101;2846145

kill her and steal her money

Great plan . . . . . "That dancing milk carton told me to do it!" :whistling:

Or if she does end up being charged though she may end up having to pay our OH damages which will pay for the bike. I reckon it will come from the insurance though.

Banned

foxymissroxy;2846158

Great plan . . . . . "That dancing milk carton told me to do it!" … Great plan . . . . . "That dancing milk carton told me to do it!" :whistling:

ROTFLMFAO

foxymissroxy;2846158

Great plan . . . . . "That dancing milk carton told me to do it!" … Great plan . . . . . "That dancing milk carton told me to do it!" :whistling:

that would stand up in court wouldn't it? :lol:
    sorry to hear about your OH's accident :-( i have no other advice than what everyone except grex has said :thumbsup: :lol:

I'm sure he'll raleigh round soon

Original Poster

cheerleader;2846196

that would stand up in court wouldn't it? :lol:sorry to hear about your … that would stand up in court wouldn't it? :lol:sorry to hear about your OH's accident :-( i have no other advice than what everyone except grex has said :thumbsup: :lol:

Yeah everybody knows the curse of the Milk carton!!

Dont give him sympathy he will milk it . . . . .he is a man after all!! :whistling:

Original Poster

owlass;2846206

I'm sure he'll raleigh round soon

lmao id not even thought of that one :w00t:

Most likely you wont get paid out for the bike!! Just put in a personal injury claim!! I know people!! :whistling:

Seconded, personal injury claim and a claim for the bike.

well either she pays for a new bike or her insurance premium goes up - pity you didnt get her details.

lmao @ tags "squashed bf":giggle:

can you not claim it on your house insurance?

Sheep87;2846407

can you not claim it on your house insurance?

they shouldn't do this, their household insurance premium would go up....

kippy;2846393

well either she pays for a new bike or her insurance premium goes up - … well either she pays for a new bike or her insurance premium goes up - pity you didnt get her details.

To be fair that's a good point, was it an expensive bike? Might be easier to let her replace it and leave it at that. Although with todays claims culture you would stand to gain a lot more with a PI claim:whistling:

If you dont have her details there is no way you can claim for personal injury or damage to your bike.
    If your bike is covered under your household policy you could try claiming this way. Your premiums would not go up for one claim.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions