Advice needed: Audio Books membership

Found 27th Dec 2017
Hey guys,

Son just asked for an audio books membership, and I’m completely lost, as I’m a “physical” book reader
Have browsed the Internet for an unlimited service, as he reads quite a lot, and could find only “audible” with good reviews.
When looking at it, it seems that you get 1 credit a month which can be converted to one book of any value, and all the other books would then need to be paid for?
Is there any “unlimited” or at least “less limited” service available that you guys would recommend?
Or am I missing something with what I’ve read?
Looking for a service that would allow at least 3 books a month ideally, as son usually reads one a week.

Many thanks
Community Updates
13 Comments
Original Poster
Anyone???
My son uses audible , although he only gets one credit quite often this covers box sets of books , so for example the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes will count as his one allocation for that month. I would get your son to have a look at the sets of books and see if that would work , think they do a months free trial , or sign up for three months free kindle unlimited which includes audible at the moment too .
Havent used any any others in afraid.

Also worth joining your local library as they do a lot of audio books for free in our county.
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 27th Dec 2017
Audible is the only one I know off.. It's a free trial to..
Plenty of scams for audible where you can listen to a book and refund it to get the most out of the 3 month trials etc. Worth abusing the system as it will save you a fair bit.
Edited by: "kester76" 27th Dec 2017
Try your local library. You need an upto date card, you can then download audio books the same way as you take out books.
Original Poster
Bigfootpete5 h, 32 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/hz/signup/ref=s9_acss_bw_h1_x_md1_w?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=FDVDYNC6K7XYDQP80SJT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=c379aca9-3f66-4639-9839-547f9b08564b&pf_rd_i=341689031Unlimited listening - or reading.

Thank you so much guys!!!
I didn’t know kindle had an audible session as well!!
Win win in this case! I can read the books and son can listen with the same membership!
Perfect!!!!
Thank you ever so much!
Original Poster
tinkerbellian8 h, 35 m ago

My son uses audible , although he only gets one credit quite often this …My son uses audible , although he only gets one credit quite often this covers box sets of books , so for example the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes will count as his one allocation for that month. I would get your son to have a look at the sets of books and see if that would work , think they do a months free trial , or sign up for three months free kindle unlimited which includes audible at the moment too . Havent used any any others in afraid.Also worth joining your local library as they do a lot of audio books for free in our county.

Couldn’t find a link for 3 months though?
My prime only offers me one free month’s trial on kindle unlimited..
Possibly an expired deal? Or account specific? 🤔
SMBLONDON1010 m ago

Couldn’t find a link for 3 months though? My prime only offers me one f …Couldn’t find a link for 3 months though? My prime only offers me one free month’s trial on kindle unlimited..Possibly an expired deal? Or account specific? 🤔

No , it's still current for new kindle unlimited customers , which I assume your son would be , log out of any account and then click on the Boxing Day sale banner. At the bottom of the page is a red. Or green link , link to three months trial, only runs for a few more days though
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 27th Dec 2017
Original Poster
tinkerbellian23 m ago

No , it's still current for new kindle unlimited customers , which I …No , it's still current for new kindle unlimited customers , which I assume your son would be , log out of any account and then click on the Boxing Day sale banner. At the bottom of the page is a red. Or green link , link to three months trial, only runs for a few more days though

Thank you so much @tinkerbellian
Have managed to find it with your description and already subscribed!
You are a 🌟 !!!
SMBLONDON103 m ago

Thank you so much @tinkerbellian Have managed to find it with your …Thank you so much @tinkerbellian Have managed to find it with your description and already subscribed! You are a 🌟 !!!

No worries, glad you found it
Lots of free, downloadable classic audiobooks from Librivox. Some great adventure stories, like the Three Musketeers, Sci Fi classics by Andre Norton, Jules Verne etc. They're read by volunteers, so the quality varies but I've had some great versions of excellent books. librivox.org/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants